Wizards Without Boundaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reid set to take office in shock election landslide!
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmM
Update from the 2012 WWBN Election Newsroom...

Polls closed just minutes ago but with the expertise of the finest countermonkey's have projected a landslide win for former WWBN Mad Mad World Host Dunena Reid.

Exit poll results give a strong 80% majority result for the newcomer with some even choosing to vote for exotic animals then give a vote to Frump in what has to be his worst result ever.

You heard it here first, Dunena Reid is the new American Minister for Magic!
WWBN-NY Radio Personality set to Run for Office?
Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 amBenjamin Jefferson
The Magical world today woke to a flurry of Werks and stories after last night's broadcast of Dunena Reid's Weird Weird World hinted, quite strongly that recently crowned Houglass Magazine's Person of the Year Dunena Reid, was set to enter the race for the 2012 American Magical Elections with no lesser sight then the Minister's position currently held by Ronald Frump.

Speaking to the Ministry this morning reporters where told that while some paperwork may have been received it was after the weekend cut-off and would not be looked at until the subsequent week at the earliest.. unless it had fallen on the desk of one F. Blake in which one just had to hope that it would be filed at all.

Considered a possible hoax a interview with Producer and year long associate of Mr Reid Benjamin Jefferson led to the following statement "The hell I know? Trust me man I'm usually the last to find out these things"

More on this story and other top breaking news including the protest by Interweb giants Woozle against Muggle proposed internet filtering laws, after this break.
Chudley Canons Star Player Now A Professor
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pmAnonymous
The Accademia Magica di Italia is proud to announce the hiring of Chudley Canons star player, Jamie Savage as its new professor of Broom Flying Instruction and team quidditch coach. Interim Headmaster Angelo Benito made the announcement at a press conference this morning. He stated that "The school is pleased and grateful that someone of Senore Savage's talent would accept a position like this. The students will benefit greatly from his expertise". Professor Savage has already begun working with the students and the team has their first game soon against Venice Magical Academy.
WWBN World News : Police searching Seine River
Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pmAnonymous
Our Paris news desk reports that police in Paris have begun searching the Seine River for the body of a man who is believed to have jumped from one of the bridges in a possible suicide attempt. Reported by a party on one of the barges docked along the Seine, this raw footage shot by one of the party goers shows the man plunging into the river. No sign of his exit from the river has been found and they believe that he died on impact.

Next up is....
W! News : Fifi LaRoux Unexpected Australian Visit
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 amFifi LaRoux
Yes ladies the roamers where true that none other then high flung socialite and darling of the European Ministry Fifi LaRoux has been sighted in Melbourne, Australia which has recently been named the worlds most livable city for a second time.

While none have stated what brought on the arrival of Miss LaRoux there's been no question that the world famous Hit Witch has made no secret of her visit with roamers of a behind closed doors meeting with the Minister for Magic himself before dining out at the exclusive Vue de Monde for drinks. Seemingly at home in the city Fifi underwent a tour of the Auror department before attending the midwinter launch of the Matacore 'Enchantment' line of fashion robes. Speaking exclusively to WWBN Fifi states that she was very pleased to be in Australia and would not commit to any return dates nor roamers that her visit had anything to do with attempts to influence the Australian Ministry to re-think it's ties to Ronald Frump's ministry.

Witch Weekly's exclusive Interview with the well known Hit Witch hits store shelves Monday.
WWBN Number 1 Reporter Takes Aim at Pottermore
Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pmM
It seems that exposing the Minister of Magic's secret love shack was not enough to keep the host of WWBN's Top Rating News and Current Affairs show Dunena's Mad Mad World set for long. Now with the reveal of Pottermore the controversial host has moved to point fingers at not only the American Minister for Magic but that of a number of major Magical Ministries around the world accusing them of taking bribes to allow unfettered access to the Magical World. Outrage from the claims have lead to a call for a full investigation into Mr Reid's accusations. All Eyes are now on the Various Ministers and how they will respond to the latest revelations from the Man himself, Dunena Reid of Mad Mad World.

After the break WWBN-UK Continues it's round the clock coverage of the 2011 Glastonbury Festival, taking place at Worthy Farm in the UK where our own Cherry Clinger is keeping abreast of the top stories and gossip at iconic music festival with interviews with big names and newcomers alike in the Wrock scene including a exclusive with DJ Noiseworks and former one time Weird Sister Nathan Wright.
WWBN World News : Pottermore to go head to head with Woozle?
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pmM
"In Global News today many Muggles the world over logged on to the unveiling of 'Pottermore' last night, a new co-production between 'JK', Warner Brothers and Muggle Game Man..Man..Manufacturer Sony. Promising to give Muggles and Wizards alike a whole new experience many prominent figures in the magical world have come out damning what they see as yet another crass profit making exercise at the expense of the magical community.

One Hogwarts teacher has stated that since this 'Pottermore thing' started they have been inundated with well over one thousand owls from worried parents, former students and others wishing to know if it would mean Muggles would be allowed to study at Hogwarts or.. worse the school was to give up it's long held stance amongst the only schools to not have it's own interweb network.

While many in the Wizarding World are concerned Woozle today speaking to WWBN-Japan was quoted as "Not at all Worried" while reminding Wizards and Muggles alike that "whatever Pottermore promises to be there is no doubt that with Sony it will only be a matter of time before hackers get it".

In other news the Australian Ministry of Magic has moved to deny any connection to a self-declaired witch jailed for recklessly causing serious injury and dangerous driving. The Australian Minister for Magic was quoted as calling the woman a 'Bloody Idiot' while reminding that no matter what world one thinks they belong to, the laws of Australia still apply.

This has been Kim Sparkle for WWBN News at Five"
WWBN World News - WWBN Offer Apology to American Minister of Magic over Late Night Radioshow.
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 amM
"WWBN Today officially announced that it has apologized to American Minister for Magic Ronald Frump for allegations made about him on flagship nightly talk show Dunena's Mad Mad World hosted on WWBN. While the Minister was brought into a furor over recent alligations surrounding his private life it was the revelation of his secret Tuscan Villa that has lead to red faces and claims to 'Sue WWBN for every knurd it has'. Amid the turmoil ratings for WWBN's radio talk show have skyrocketed making it more popular then 'Clives Charms Hour'. Speaking to the head of WWBN it was quoted that 'Whoever Dunena is they're on to a good thing, and might just be the Wizarding Worlds answer to the Muggle World's 'Julian Assange'"
In Depth Report: Dunena's Mad Mad World #3
WWBN News Australia: House Elf Sighting in Muggle Town
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 amTiffany Fumberger
"In local news the Victorian Ministry of Magic are continuing investigations into a alleged House Elf sighting on April 26th in Drouin, a rural town 45 minutes from Melbourne. Witnesses described two ugly children suspected of stealing sneakers and wearing odd headgear. No ministry intervention was required but a number of confused Muggles where reported at the scene.

The Ministry of Magic has issued a reminder for House Elf Owners to take care when in areas where Muggles may be present."

In Depth Report: And at last we will be free, You're a bluebird
WWBN World News At 5 Headlines
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pmM
// M Rated // The darkness I Know so well...  Wwbn-n10

// M Rated // The darkness I Know so well...  Kim10 "Hello and welcome to WWBN News at Five, I'm Kim Sparkle and now for the headlines."

" 'No News is Good News' Is the word coming down from the Ministry and Re-it.. Re..iterated across the world. We asked The Head of Muggles United for a comment but they where unashamedly silent."

"More bulletins and the latest Quidditch Scores Right After This Break.."

No Story is Too Big or Too Small!
Post your Own News Stories!
Code:

Write Your Story (don't forget to keep it short and snappy for the camera!)
[b]In Depth Report:[/b] [url=link to source thread here (optional)[/url]

"...and in other news a happy occasion as a woman is reunited with her long lost pet Norwegian Ridgeback named Snuffles who flew off after setting fire to her house and those of neighbouring Muggles. The Woman states she is delighted but doesn't understand why her insurance premiums have sky-rocketed after what she claims was just 'a little accident"

"This is Kim Sparkle wishing you a good and safe evening."

"Goodnight."
Latest topics
2+2=5 (2012 Final Exams)Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pmYrjö 'Nigel' Hämäläinenthe dawning of a new day... sort of.Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 amGuestThe day after the week beforeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pmTamika Parker::M RATED:: All The Right Friends (Marty)Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 amKatelyn DavisReid set to take office in shock election landslide!Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmMBrandon Wright : Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 amMRequest for Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 amAbigail WrightTo: Cara McIntyre, Cherry Clinger, Dunena Reid, Greta GreenwichFri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 amFungus BlakeWhat's up with 2013Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 amMTo: Mr Marcus HobsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenTo: Miss Chloe Hobson, Miss Olivia WatsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenGetting back to normalSun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 amMHiding out in style Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pmDunena ReidLucy DrewSat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pmLucy DrewPirates of WWBN - AT HONEY'S END!Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pmJamie Savage
Beyond WWB

Wizards Without Boundaries on Polyvore Wizards Without Boundaries on Google Plus

Go down
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
:+ : American Minister for Magic
None
American Ministry of Magic
Male Posts : 149
Current Location : New York
Job : Minister for Magic
Face Claim : Robert Downey Jr
Famous Last Words : I'm not the worlds most practical man
Pet/Familar : Bill and Ted (the Llamas)

Mature Thread (15+) // M Rated // The darkness I Know so well...

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:15 am
Dunena had just finished the show for the night ( the boredom sets in ) Dunena had been getting strange looks from the people in the offices for the last few days Since ha had returned to the air ways at first they were shocked looks now they seam to just shake there heads or quickly duck out the way when he walks through.
Merlin my head aches Dunena was just tying to stop his hands shaking as he walked but nothing he did would make it go away.
Dunena hadn't eaten in days his stomach would not steal down he had even had to stop drinking coffee because he would just bring it back up.
Dunena gave a loud yawn as his eyes started to tear up again as wiped his nose and stumbled in to his dark office
He started to rummage around looking for any think he could take.
Why did i throw it all away Dunena Pick up his Desk Lamp and throw it across the room it smashed as it hit the wall leaving a hole in the wall.
Dunena know he must have left some thing any thing around the office any thing Heroin cocaine Hell he would even steal for a joint right now he pushed all the stuff off his desk.
"Make it stop" Dunena cried to him self. His whole body was shacking now and he collapsed to the ground looking though the object he just thrown on to the ground.
"I know there some here some where" Dunena coupled up in to a ball on the floor as something jabbed in to his rib cage but was to deep in withdrawals to care as the office door open.
"Help me" Dunena said though the no stop tears that now rolled down his face.
"Pls help me"
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
Born in The United States of America Squib - Child of Two Magical Parents born without the ability to do Magic
:+ : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
None
WWBN - New York
Male Posts : 38
Current Location : New York, USA
Job : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
Face Claim : Flying Lotus (Steven Ellison)
Famous Last Words : Producer of the #1 Rating Weird Weird World on WWBN!

Mature Thread (15+) Re: // M Rated // The darkness I Know so well...

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:31 am
Benjamin had no sooner switched the broadcast over to ads then there was a thump at the door. In a way it was not unexpected, things had been 'tense' at the studio ever since Dunena's last broadcast. Daniel wanted to know what was going on, Benjamin didn't really know and even less did he like the feeling of management breathing down his throat. While he knew that Weird Weird World was not the most popular show when it came to those at WWBN they had for the most part scraped back some of the ratings that had been lost after the Protest incident.. even if Dunena's on air apology had caused Benjamin to drop his cigar and just stare in shock. There was a phase in the business that you where either on your way up or on the slide down and Benjamin was starting to feel rather strongly that his boss had hit the slope hard in the last few days. It wasn't often that he had to break in on the dudes broadcast to try and offer some level of advice but Benjamin wasn't about to just sit there and listen to the guy beat himself down with whatever was going on.

"You. office. Now" Daniel was not in the mood to mince words and with a wince Benjamin followed only to escape ten minutes later after assuring the guy that he had no clue of what was going on with Dunena except that the guy was clean, Benjamin knew that because he'd walked in on his boss clearing out the studio and figured that if that was the way the breeze was blowing it was better off keeping the recreational stuff at home where it wouldn't be a temptation. It was a lucky thing that the studio was strongly soundproofed, Benjamin had no sooner freed himself of Daniel that he stepped into Dunena's Office to drop a copy of the nights taping on his desk. He had assumed the room was empty since it was dark and so flicking the light switch to see a hole in the wooden wall between it and the sound booth, the remains of a lamp trailing across the floor. "Man..shit.." it looked like The Weird Sisters had taken it on themselves to trash the joint.

His first instinct was to get the hell out of there and find help but then a voice from a corner of the room spoke up, "Dunena.. that you man?" he wouldn't have even noticed the guy curled up in a ball if it wasn't for him crying out. "Hey man it's alright.. it's just me.." Pushing the door behind him Benjamin surveyed the mess, Daniel was going to be pissed. "Look man you want me to call someone or..." he trailed off on the rather unexpected realization that his boss was crying. Okay, that was not exactly comforting.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
None

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 am
Dunena was laying there as Bjay Asked about Calling someone.
"No don't call anyone" Dunena stammered as he spoke. Dunena knew what would happen the be anger and rage about him being smash which he wasn't which in his opinion was the problem. "anger and rage " Dunena mumbled - Dunenas' mind was running around a mile a minute and not in a coherent way.
"I just need... um ... something just to take the edge off... " Dunena begged Bjay from his place on the floor. "This is what they wanted" Dunena mumbled again.
Dunena's brain started working in a manner of specking he realised he was on the floor and talking to his employee and decided it was best he stood up.
Dunena crawled over to the desk and pulled him self up in to his Chair and placed his elbows on the desk and then his face in his hands.
"I never felt like this before Ben... it hurts all the time" Dunena said as he placed on hand n his chest interacting that it hurt all the time.
"I can't do this i can't be clean i've never been clean since i was a kid" Dunena retired his hand to his face and was still crying
"I just can't stop crying" Dunena wiped more tears from his face. "Why did i quite? why did i think i could do it? " Dunena asked more to him self that bjay.
I just can't do it i Can't Dunena lets his hand fall away and his for head slammed in to the desk. Dunena didn't feel it and if he had he would not care.
"I've Rewound everything haven't i? Davenport is pissed isn't he?" Dunena asked as the last wave of nourisher passed. Dunena looked up from his desk to bjay.
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
Born in The United States of America Squib - Child of Two Magical Parents born without the ability to do Magic
None
WWBN - New York

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am
"Okay man.. but I really think you should.." he stopped as Dunena mumbled "hell.. don't be like that, folks are just worried is all" Benjamin was starting to regret not having told Daniel about Dunena's problem. The guy had been concerned but Benjamin hadn't been sure that it was his place to say. After all he hardly wanted to get on the wrong side of his boss. "I don't think that's a good idea.." Benjamin replied when Dunena started begging for something to take the edge off. Man why the hey did he have to walk in on this one? Confused he glanced around for the elusive 'they' who apparently wished suffering on one Dunena Reid. "Look man I'm no healer but I think you is crashing hard" Benjamin didn't know what to do, a glance around the room giving no help as his boss went about dragging himself into a seat.

Benjamin had promised not to call anyone but took out his cell phone just in case. "Look I know.. my Sis, her girlfriend's a Doctor and well.. she'd know how to help you.. she's smart like that and they're in Australia so youknow nobody would know?" While he knew Jane dealt with kids issues mostly the women did have a degree so surely she'd know what to do right? Benjamin had to hope because right now it was just him and Dunena and while it was true that he enjoyed working and hanging out with the guy he didn't think himself even remotely up for this job. What if Dunena just keeled over right there? What would people say? He knew Daniel had a lot riding on Dunena and needed the guy stable, a pity because right now he was anything but.

Benjamin wished his sis was here, she'd know what to do. "It's probably just a side effect man.. youknow from being clean and all that shit?" Normally as a producer his role would be to kick him out and get someone else in to do the job, but this was Dunena, he was real talent and not like those has beens on WWBN-UK. "C'mon man you just need some help is all, it's like the song says everyone needs some help sometime" Benjamin was quiet for a moment as he tried to remember exactly what song had that lyric before shrugging. "Davenport an't pissed, he's just worried.. fuck we're all worried man". The way Dunena was looking at him was starting to unnerve Benjamin "Look just.. how about you talk to Jane and then we see how it goes from there right?" Benjamin pressed the touchscreen on his iPhone a couple of times before pushing it across the desk to where Dunena was, the ringing tone loud, he'd put it on speakerphone. Hopefully Jane would be able to talk some sense into him because Benjamin was well over his head.

.. Meanwhile in Melbourne, Australia a phone went off, confused at the Caller ID Jane pressed to answer "Ben? Is everything okay?"
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 pm
Dunena head fell back on to his desk as Bjay put the phone down in front of him.
"I don't... Need a Doctor, I just need a shot or a pipe or some blow and then I will be fine really" Dunena grumbled from his place on the desk.
"Ben is fine he here and I'm sorry he bothered you Miss" Dunena was like his old ministry official self unfortanlly it didn't last.
" I not a good person Ben, I've been using since school man" Dunena was now feeling very sick indeed
"I don't think I've ever detoxed before I can't even go an hour with out using Its been Days since I last used I can't take it anymore" Dunena could feel the bile rising in his chest .
Dunena Garbed for the small bin under his desk and dry reached over it as there was no food in his stomach to bring up anymore.
Dunena could feel his legs cramping up
"Oh please help me I don't care what you do Ben just make it stop, I know this guy... he deals in the park in south end... you go tell him you know me... I want my regular order... he'll give you stuff" Dunena reached in to his pocket between Gages and pulled out his wallet
"There's like 500 dollars in there just go... get... Please tell him I take what ever he has please" Dunena was begging not caring as he continued to dry reach in to the bin.
"I need help" It would never even come in to his mind to got betty ford or any thing.
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
None
WWBN - New York

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 pm
"I sure hope you do not mean a blowjob because noway in hades..Ben just what is going on?" the disembodied voice was matched by a concerned face, Benjamin had pressed the facetime button and started a videoconference by mistake. Looking down at Jane on the screen Benjamin shrugged "Sorry.. it's my boss and.." he was cut off when Dunena started talking saying that he was fine. "Yeah sorry Jane.. I'm fine and I really hope this isn't a bad time but he's really sick bad.." Benjamin started to explain only to have Jane tell him to sush. Benjamin didn't know what to say as Dunena just went on talking, Jane wasn't saying anything at all and that was making him all kinds of jumpy. "Hey man, it's alright.. you can get though this right?" Had Benjamin looked at the phone he'd have noticed Jane was not there but was leafing though a medical book from the shelf above the couch.
"What is his main drug?" she asked but Benjamin didn't get a chance to answer as Dunena suddenly looked very green around the gills as his mother would say.
"Oh fuck man don't..." but it was too late and it was just lucky that the man had the presence of mind to grab the trash bin before letting it go. Taking a deep breath in trying not to panic Benjamin looked away so as to not be made sick himself in sympathy.

"Ben? BEN?" The voice coming from the phone was growing more insistant.
"Yeahwhat?" Benjamin called out "He's barfing his guts out.. I don't know what to do Jane and.."
"Ben listen to me.. you need to call a ambulance..whatever your friend is on he's detoxing and he needs medical intervention because if you do not get medical intervention the side effects will continue to get worse and he could very well go into seizures or worse"
Benjamin was freezing up, he couldn't believe this was happening and deep down knew that he was not supposed to be the one dealing with it. Claire had always been the smart one, she'd gone to study as a healer and could magically make things alright. On one hand he knew that Dunena needed to go to hospital, yet on the other hand Dunena was his boss and what kind of punishment would there be for doing that? "Thanks Jane.. you.. you've been a good help.. bye" with that he hung up on his sister's girlfriend and put his head between his hands, as if trying to squeeze a solution out of this all.

It seemed Dunena had his own solutions, Benjamin was high on endorphins and found himself laughing outrageously as Dunena pulled out his wallet and openly told him of the amount of money within. "Yeah.. yeah right man, you really don't get it..." Benjamin wiped his face which was wet either with the start of tears or just plain sweat from worrying "Guy with my face goes down to south end with five hundred dollars and I'd get fucking killed" if not by the pushers then by the fucking cops who where supposed to serve and protect. Benjamin had never gotten over the first time he'd been roughed up by a cop on the way home from school, he probably never would. "Youknow fuck this shit.. " Picking up his cellphone Benjamin hit 9-1-1 "Yeah Can I get a ambulance down at the old Warner Brothers Studio 69 on 5th Ave yeah.. oh you don't have it on your computer? Right well just trust me.." Reading the 'Muggle' address off a sticky note attached to the wall Benjamin was keeping a close eye on Dunena as he answered the vague yet dull questions, all the time wondering just how much trouble he was about to get in.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:02 pm
Dunena was only half listing to ben about getting killed as she continue to bring up nothing but bile from his empty stomach.
"Oh Merlin i can't..." it was then he heard Ben ask for an ambulance "NO !! no muggles i can't control the information they give the ministry." dunena was shocked he could not risk the muggles getting involved it was a crime to just have drugs in you system and he was sure there was still some there and dunena had already used his 3 strikes he was lucky he was still walking the streets and not in a Muggle jail houses already with convection in NYC and DC for drugs.
"No i can't go there they jail me" Dunena said as he here'd Ben answering questions. Dunena did not know how to get out of this he was so sick and in no state to keep wring and so sick he could not get to his dealer to get a fix and Ben wasn't ganna go for him.
"help me up Ben i Go my self" Dunena said as he put the bin to one side "and hung up that Bloody cell phone i won't let then take me its a class E felony i can't have that on my rap sheet it already to long i go for life if i'm done this time" Dunena knew he been lucky to get off the last time in NYC let alone get away with it this time and he did have the ministry position to filter the charges this time. Dunena knew they send a copy of his whole file with the drug bust and the disorderly conduced charges included to the new Muggle law informant officer At MOM and he could not let that happen.
"I'll go to a doctor or healer out side the the states Ok i promos just not here pls man help me up" Dunena hope that Bjay would understand a dunena would have to try and run if the Ambo's arrived there was no way he would get an blood test done or let the cop get him"
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
None
WWBN - New York

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:18 am
"Screw the Ministry man.. " Benjamin wasn't in the mood for more conspiracy theory bullshit, he was no healer and if Jane said to call a Doctor well that's what he was going to do. Of course he had no idea whatsoever of Dunena's history with the three strikes law. "Yeahwell.. you just get one of them rich lawyers to bail you out" Benjamin was starting to lose his cool, he had two kids to take care of and Dunena had wanted him to go scurrying after drugs? Fuck that. He knew the rules that rich guys walked and poor guys like him got trod all over, it was the big vs little end of town all over. Then again when you where the ones getting trod on you tended not to wonder much about how your assumptions on how the other half lived might not be so true in all cases. While there was always a few folks around town who where on the drugs Benjamin had always stuck to the soft stuff, the odd joint here and there was no harm to anyone but he knew his boss had more expensive tastes, he didn't know how much or what exactly.. Benjamin avoided such details as if it would be a thoughtcrime just to know. There was no doubt that it had made working with Dunena a 'interesting' experience at times but more these days Benjamin was looking back to the days when they could have a laugh, smoke a bit of weed and not take it all so seriously.

"Dude you couldn't even make it down the street like that" Benjamin pointed out when Dunena said he'd go get the drugs himself. He was deep in the shit and knew it "Well what am I supposed to do man?" Benjamin asked waving tossing up his hands in defeat as Dunena cleared the air by going on about how he was going to go to jail. Later it would ring odd that Dunena would know so much about the laws but for the moment Benjamin was left in the hard place of chosing between his boss (and career) or 'doing the right thing' ..whatever that meant. Realizing that if the people on the phone where listing he'd be in deeper shit Benjamin hung up and started worrying about those reports of cell phones being traced and how the government could pinpoint your location by GPS or some shit. Benjamin had never cared about that before, why would you when nobody gave a fuck who you where? He was a producer, not a crisis manager which was obvious by the fact that his mind was utterly blank on what to do until Dunena promised he'd go to a healer outside the US. "Okay.. but I'm gonna hold you to that one man." Benjamin scanned the room before handing Dunena his wallet and gesturing towards the door "We'll grab a cab.. I don't have no passport but figure if you can get to the Ministry.." Benjamin was busy with the cell phone again as he walked down the hallway, ever anxious that Davenport or someone would catch sight of them. Calling though to Jane again he apologized for being rude before asking if she could see about getting someone to meet Dunena from the Floo-Transportation Station inside the Australian Ministry of Magic. "That good enough for you? Cause it's either that or the Ambulance man.. you're choice?" Benjamin was already thinking of all the complications this was going to cause, he'd have to come clean to Davenport and cut together a tape to run for the next show. So much for his plan to get home and watch a film or two with the kids.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Daniel had sat at his desk staring out the window for a long time after Benjamin left to go back to the studio area assigned to Dunena's show. He liked both men. They worked well together and there was no doubt that, when Dunena was in fighting form, the show was great and had a following. Daniel was aware that whatever had gone wrong with the rally was not directly Dunena's fault. Sure, it could have been prevented if he had withheld showing off the photo until he had checked it's authenticity but someone had set the show up as a patsy.

That is what made Daniel angry. How dare someone use one of his staff, and while Dunena was part owner of the New York station, he was also an employee of the global network because of the affliates broadcasting the show as well, to cause problems. To Daniel, attacking or using one of the WWBN team was like attacking Daniel's own family. He would find out who did this.

It seemed like things were turning around as well, Dunena had issued a rather well spoken public apology, on his own but then the last show or two, well they were definitely not typical Dunena either clean or stoned. Daniel was worried about Dunena as a person, not a personality, right now. Sure he didn't want to lose the show but it was more important to not lose the man himself. Daniel had remained in thought for a while and had decided to go visit and see if perhaps Dunena himself was still there. Just offer some encouragement, Daniel thought as he made his way from his own office to the studio that Dunena's Mad Mad World called home. Encourage, praise and...........

.............Offer first aid? "What's wrong? He okay?" Daniel asked, concerned as he entered the office where Dunena would prepare his shows before heading to the broadcast booth. This did not look good. "Called healers yet?" he asked Benjamin before asking Dunena, "Hey, Dunena, you okay?" Daniel was concerned, very concerned. He was also upset with himself for not checking in on Dunena long before this and letting it get this far.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:28 pm
dunena had listen to Bjay day he would take him to Ministry to get him to Australia for medical help witch was great he reached in to his desk draw to get his travel documents so he could floo there. Dunena was getting ready to stand when the office door open and in walk Daniel Davonport.
"Shit" dunan mumbled as he sat back in his chair and tried to look well... not sick and detoxing.
It didn't work as he asked if he need help and if he was ok and then mention Healers.
"NO... NO Healers I'm good really." Dunena's reassurances to his boss was short lived as he grabbed for the Bin again and dry reached over it.
New Tactic
"Ben called one just now didn't you" dunena looked to Bjay "Just stomach Flu nothing to worry about be on air ...tomorrow...on time" Dunena didn't need his boss finding out he was an addict well the romors had followed him from the ministry to here but no need to confirm them.
But it seamed dunena's body was not going to co operate as it was then the darn tears stated again.
and his stomach gave another roll.
"Ben... Go call that cab will you going need to take a ride to central park ok" Dunena decided that he need to get a fix so he could be ready to keep his word re the show tomorrow.
Detox would have to wait till he had time to get to it may be next week
Dunena reach for ward and grabbed his wallet of the desk were he had thrown it before and pushed the travel documents in to his back pocket not intending to use them tonight.
it was ten his legs gave out as he stood and fell forward on to the floor near all the crap he thrown there before.
"On second thoughts going to need a few day.. Maybe " Dunena mumbled from his new place on the floor looking up at Daniel.
"why life so hard" dunena continued "Nothing looks right like this, how do you people do it" Dunena mumbled being clean was so crap and nothing worked anymore not even his legs.
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
None
WWBN - New York

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:54 am
So close, so far it seemed, Benjamin had the phone in one hand while helping Dunena up when who would walk in but Daniel Davenport. This was not a good look, Benjamin immediately let go of Dunena "It's not what you think!" Because there was nothing like being seen touching another guy by someone who WAS to make you very much on the defense that while they where you where most certainly not (if you know what I mean?). Talk about bad timing. Benjamin knew Claire was going to kill him for bothering Jane who was getting more concerned by the moment by his lack of answers. Suddenly the whole thing had got a lot more complicated. Because while Dunena was Benjamin's Boss Daniel was the head of the entire network. While before it hadn't been so bad to play dumb there was no way now for him to get out of answering Daniel. "I dunno man.." Dunena was certainly looking a lot worse for wear but at least he wasn't crying. That had freaked him out big time. Trying not to look at Dunena dry-retching lest it make him feel sick Benjamin shrugged "Yeah, but she said he needed a Doctor" which in a way made sense, Healers where hardly trained to deal with Muggle drugs most of the time.

The look Benjamin gave Daniel when Dunena denied being sick and said he'd be on air soon was enough to state 'don't get you're hopes up'. "Sorry boss, can't do that" Benjamin said looking to Daniel, "He really needs a Doctor if you know what I mean?" Benjamin was past the point of worrying about his job and into wondering if he'd even see tomorrow when Dunena ended up face down on the floor. "Fuck sake, Daniel I have no fucking idea what to do okay?" he had kids to worry about and a ex-wife who would kill him if he was not home in time for dinner. The problem was that he really did think Dunena was a good guy. Not all that bright maybe but what did you expect with all the crap he took? "Not too hard man, it's called being too broke arse poor to afford to get stoned" he couldn't help but be annoyed, what did Dunena know about life being hard? Hell so the Ministry wasn't a picnic but at least he'd never had to sell magazines for a living or scrape by on what money he could make in the Muggle world to help put his sister though school and take care of their Mom.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:15 am
While Daniel was asking the questions, his mind was racing as it took inventory of the situation and listed possible solutions that would depend on the answers he got from BJay. Right now, that's where Daniel's faith was in getting the right answers from. After all, judging by the condition Dunena appeared to be in, which was rather sick and suffering at the moment, Daniel was fairly sure it was Benjamin who would give the best responses.

He would have laughed at Benjamin's quick denial at what the situation looked like if Dunena had not looked so deathly ill. "It looks s like he's gone through the wringer several times and is pretty damn sick," Daniel replied, assuring Benjamin he did not get any other ideas about what the situation looked like from what he saw. He almost managed to resist rolling his eyes as Dunena denied being ill. "Right, Dunena and the sky is green," Daniel replied, trying to keep the tone upbeat, "About as green as your face right now," which was immediately followed by the sound of Dunena wretching in the trash can.

At Benjamin's telling him that the healer (so that's who he had overheard Benjamin on the phone with as he approached in the hallway) said Dunena needed a doctor, Daniel figured out it was what drying out alcoholics used to call the DT's, withdrawal. The problem was with some things, it was worse than just DT's. "Okay, so we get him to a doctor. I've got a private Floo in my office we can use to send him. You have a destination? Someone meeting him?" he asked Benjamin, if not, he hoped the producer could arrange it.

Yes, Daniel did know what Benjamin meant and he ignored Dunena's pleas for both being fine and getting him some stuff. He did not ignore Benjamin's outburst. "It's okay, BJay, we'll get him help together." Daniel nodded as Dunena finally admitted that yeah, he might need a few days off. "No problem, you'll get as much time as you need. Want you back happy and healthy." Turning to Benjamin, he asked, "Think you can throw together a series of "Best of's" for the next couple of weeks starting in the morning? I'll make sure you have whatever help you need. Where does he need to be sent?"
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:11 am
Dunena kept laying there as the two other men in the room spoke like he was not there.
"Yes a doctor" Dunena said in agreement with Bjay.
"And i'm not broke i can afford to get a smash as I want I just decided not to. Why who knows any more I mean it seamed like a good idea at the time" Dunena crawled up on to his hands and knees.
"Just got to stand up... I can do that " Dunena pulled him self up using his desk dunena swayed on the spot for a few moment till the room stop spinning.
"Daniel i was thinking we could pull something to gather from the early stuff and have Bjay percent it" Dunena leaned back on the desk there were time he was quite loused despite the withdrawals and this was one of those moments.
It was then that dunena decided to work on making sure he didn't get sent to any were in the United states.
"Floo me to Australia. Isn't that were i was going?" Dunena looked at Bjay.
"Don't think you could forget this ever happened do you Daniel " Dunena asked the rather dapper looking man across from him "I mean i am trying here and well don't need the bad press right now or do i what was the plan..." Dunena moment of straight thinking was fast slipping away. " Right get clean... stick it to the man ... there was something else what was it..." Dunena mumbled the last part as he started to stumbling to the door.
"OH shit Father... Umm going to need to come clean... call him and tell him to Have the lawyer call james and sort something out for you and you wages for the next few weeks and and a bonus yes bonus makes lots of things go away" Dunena open the office door and looked around.
"Umm i know this is stupid question but where is you office Daniel" Dunena was sure he only started using his office in the last few week and had never been to see daniel or anyone else in the WWBN-NYC offices.
dunena fell/ leaned agains the wall just outside his office
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
None
WWBN - New York

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm
So far so good, Daniel hadn't yelled at him and the guy seemed to be taking it seriously, how the guy managed to be upbeat at a time like this Benjamin didn't know but it helped his nerves to know that someone here had at least some idea of what to do. The question about the Doctor reminded him that he still had Jane on the line, man she was going to be soo pissed off with him for all this, though on the plus if they got lucky all three of them might just get out of this alive. "Yeah okay.." he was just going along with whatever now, Daniel seemed to be pretty on the ball and he nodded as Dunena asked about Australia. "The show will run just fine man.." that was the least of their problems, the main one was what to do once they reached the limits of how long they could run 'best of's for. People tended to get cranky when new episodes where not forthcoming and unlike in the Muggle World hatemail could really bite with it's assortment of curses, cranky Owls and Howlers. "My Sister's-Girlfriend is a Doctor" for once Benjamin was glad that Daniel was chasing the wrong ball, it certainly saved the trouble. Of course he wasn't going to admit that Jane's specialty was Child Psychology, but with the way Dunena was acting Benjamin did have to wonder if it wouldn't do him good.

Funny how sometimes it was the people you least wanted who turned out to be best in a crisis? Benjamin felt rather embarrassed after making a big deal, Dunena was going on about bad press but all that mattered was getting the situation dealt with, the press could be dealt with later. "Yeah whatever man, got enough tapes to last a few weeks at least" Benjamin hated cutting together 'best ofs' his passion was for live broadcasts and getting the very best our of each performance not cutting together bits of old news, it was a hack job and everybody knew it. But that was the industry, you did what you did otherwise you looked for another job, and sure as hell there was shit all jobs going these days. So Benjamin knew that the key to his job stability meant getting his boss into rehab as soon as possible.

"Shit man, I'd better call Jane back.. can you handle him?" Benjamin asked Daniel as Dunena started stumbling for the door. This certainly was not what he had imagined the first time Dunena had come walking though the door to his soundbooth. Then again Dunena wasn't what a lot of people expected he guessed. Tapping the buttons on his cellphone Benjamin stepped out of the room ahead of the other two men "Yeah.. no I'm okay.. the boss just wanted to have a word.. so outside the Ministry of Magic? Okay and are you sure there's a place open? Oh you know someone okay" the voice on the other end of the line was too quiet to hear but Benjamin nodded along as Jane explained about Gorman House and how it would be at least a week or more before 'his friend' would be able to leave.

Benjamin had a funny feeling that his boss wouldn't be so pleased about that. "It's that way" Benjamin explained to Dunena pointing down the corridor, the WWBN studio's where a bit of a maze and it took years to know the layout well enough to know what was what. Thanking Jane again Benjamin hung up his cellphone before assisting the others, keeping quite all the while about this 'bonus', while yes the pay would have been useful there was something that didn't feel right about the whole thing, and Benjamin was certainly not going to forget it. Nothing was going to be the same now that he knew just how far Dunena had gone with his habit, to think that Benjamin had always thought him a pretty cool guy. He had to put his family first, they where important and if it meant at some point he'd have to swap to another show while Dunena was in rehab so be it. He'd miss the thrill of course, there was nothing like knowing you where Number 1 on a breakout hit but his kids needed him more then he needed that and in the end they trumped everything.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:04 am
Daniel managed a smile at Dunena's words. "It was a good idea, Dunena. One of your best and it still is. It's just going to take some time for you to get to the good side of it. But you're a fighter. You can do it," Daniel told him. As Dunena talked about pulling earlier episodes, Daniel nodded and looking at Benjamin asked, "Good idea. Maybe a 'where are they now' type follow up commentary where you can?" Thinking for a moment, Daniel added, "If the doctor says you're doing okay and you have some topics, we can even arrange to have you do some remote shows from an 'undisclosed' location." Obviously, so as not to reveal to the public what was going on with Dunena unless and until Dunena was ready and made that choice on his own. If he decided to keep it private, then it would never be publicized.

As Dunena tried to think what needed to be done and thought about calling James to make sure Benjamin got paid, Daniel broke in. "Both of you are remaining on full salary during this time. No problem with that. After all, you are entitled to sick leave and vacation time, Dunena and we're going to have Benjamin producing fill in shows. Don't even worry about that stuff."

"Thank goat for that," Daniel told Benjamin when he revealed who he had been talking to before Daniel arrived. "Okay, Melbourne it is. Tell her all bills come here and I'll make sure they are paid," Daniel assured Benjamin. He smiled as Dunena realized he had no clue where Daniel's office was. Putting an arm under Dunena's arm to support the man, Daniel steered him to the right and down the hall to the elevator. "This way." With his free hand, Daniel touched the blue tooth headset he wore, "Sally, put in a call to Hunter & Hunter in London. Tell them I want them to recommend a lawyer in Melbourne, Australia. Best they know."
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 am
Dunena was well Kinda out of it again when he heard Bjay on the phone to the Doctor from before and arranging for him to get to melbourne He like his time in Melbourne it had been easy very little work lots of fun times Bit boring Oh and Llamas.
They started walking him to the right from his office to the lifts and what he assumed was Daniel office.
"Oh Ben here" Dunena reach in to his back pocket and took his wallet out "You take meg and the kids out, I bet you were meant to be home by now right " Dunena puled out a couple of hundred dollars out and pushed it at Bjay.
"You don't get pay to deal with this crap" Dunena said Knowing that this was not in Bjay job decryption. "I mean Really and i handle all of the bonus for ben and the Overtime and the couple of hundred i kick in most weeks to his pay packet, Don't tell James i got the pay role lady to do it on the side, James a bit of a hard Business man" Dunena leaned toward Daniel who was holding him upas he spoke. Dunena was a Believer in take care of your own and Bjay was well the only person that Put up with him most of the time and it wasn't like he was short of a Dollar and Bjay could use the money
"It not like james has to deal with me any way" Dunena said a little louder than was really required. it wasn't like what dunena was saying made a lot of cents any way.
As Daniel arrange for a lawyer on his phone.
As they got in to the lift and and then stumbled out in to Daniel office and dunena moved to the floo that seamed to be focal point in the rather well decorated office.
"Well I'm off. Thanks Gentleman it been Fun" Dunena pulled out a hand full of floo powder and throw it
"Melbourne ministry of magic" Dunena yelled and stepped in to the green Flames and disappeared
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
None
WWBN - New York

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 pm
"You want me to do commentary?" Benjamin looked doubtful but then shrugged "Guess we can though I doubt you're gonna get Frump on side for comments" everybody knew that Frump hated Dunena Reid these days. Not that Dunena hadn't asked for it with all the wild allegations and all. Letting Daniel take charge Benjamin shut his mouth until there was a comment about doing a broadcast while Dunena was overseas, nodding he added "Yeah, there's the Sydney studio.. and I think they've been talking about setting up one in Melbourne as well" horribly pronouncing the unfamiliar name as only a American could. At this point Benjamin would agree with anything if it got Daniel and Dunena off his back. He needed a holiday, bad. Benjamin blew a sigh of dejection as Dunena was once again pointing bills of money in his face. He didn't need the money but the apology (if it was one) wasn't something he was about to deny and so he shrugged, shoving the notes in his pocket he thought to buy the kids some gifts from 'Santa Reid', then at least he was being honest about where the money came from. Meg couldn't tell him off for lying at least.

"Look it's fine man, kids are alright and you know how it is" Benjamin might have taken the money but he did not want it spread around that he was living on handouts. "That's the last of it right, from now on your clean and so am I" yep, no more pot and no more picking up 'this and that' for his boss on his way to the studio, if Dunena was going to go clean then the only way it would work was for the place to be clear, he didn't need Jane to know that. Though he did elbow Daniel after ringing though to Jane to double check that she would be at the other end of the floo "Jane says it's a free clinic, no expense at all" he relayed before trying not to laugh. Somehow he didn't think his boss would be all that pleased to know that there was two rather large men awaiting his arrival the moment he stepped into the floo. Or that the next two weeks he'd be sharing a dorm with total strangers.

With everything arranged Benjamin let out a deep sigh of relief the moment Dunena disappeared. Now he just had to hope his boss would be true to his word and all would turn out just fine. "Think I'm gonna need a drink.. oh and you're gonna need to arrange a cleanup in Studio six... it's a bit of a mess in there" Benjamin added as a afterthought as he hurried to the elevator and hit the down arrow, he wanted to be as far away from work as possible. Home with the kids, that was a nice aim and so wishing Daniel farewell he left, deciding to skip the pub after all in hope that the kids would still be up and he wasn't that late for dinner.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum