Wizards Without Boundaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reid set to take office in shock election landslide!
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmM
Update from the 2012 WWBN Election Newsroom...

Polls closed just minutes ago but with the expertise of the finest countermonkey's have projected a landslide win for former WWBN Mad Mad World Host Dunena Reid.

Exit poll results give a strong 80% majority result for the newcomer with some even choosing to vote for exotic animals then give a vote to Frump in what has to be his worst result ever.

You heard it here first, Dunena Reid is the new American Minister for Magic!
WWBN-NY Radio Personality set to Run for Office?
Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 amBenjamin Jefferson
The Magical world today woke to a flurry of Werks and stories after last night's broadcast of Dunena Reid's Weird Weird World hinted, quite strongly that recently crowned Houglass Magazine's Person of the Year Dunena Reid, was set to enter the race for the 2012 American Magical Elections with no lesser sight then the Minister's position currently held by Ronald Frump.

Speaking to the Ministry this morning reporters where told that while some paperwork may have been received it was after the weekend cut-off and would not be looked at until the subsequent week at the earliest.. unless it had fallen on the desk of one F. Blake in which one just had to hope that it would be filed at all.

Considered a possible hoax a interview with Producer and year long associate of Mr Reid Benjamin Jefferson led to the following statement "The hell I know? Trust me man I'm usually the last to find out these things"

More on this story and other top breaking news including the protest by Interweb giants Woozle against Muggle proposed internet filtering laws, after this break.
Chudley Canons Star Player Now A Professor
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pmAnonymous
The Accademia Magica di Italia is proud to announce the hiring of Chudley Canons star player, Jamie Savage as its new professor of Broom Flying Instruction and team quidditch coach. Interim Headmaster Angelo Benito made the announcement at a press conference this morning. He stated that "The school is pleased and grateful that someone of Senore Savage's talent would accept a position like this. The students will benefit greatly from his expertise". Professor Savage has already begun working with the students and the team has their first game soon against Venice Magical Academy.
WWBN World News : Police searching Seine River
Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pmAnonymous
Our Paris news desk reports that police in Paris have begun searching the Seine River for the body of a man who is believed to have jumped from one of the bridges in a possible suicide attempt. Reported by a party on one of the barges docked along the Seine, this raw footage shot by one of the party goers shows the man plunging into the river. No sign of his exit from the river has been found and they believe that he died on impact.

Next up is....
W! News : Fifi LaRoux Unexpected Australian Visit
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 amFifi LaRoux
Yes ladies the roamers where true that none other then high flung socialite and darling of the European Ministry Fifi LaRoux has been sighted in Melbourne, Australia which has recently been named the worlds most livable city for a second time.

While none have stated what brought on the arrival of Miss LaRoux there's been no question that the world famous Hit Witch has made no secret of her visit with roamers of a behind closed doors meeting with the Minister for Magic himself before dining out at the exclusive Vue de Monde for drinks. Seemingly at home in the city Fifi underwent a tour of the Auror department before attending the midwinter launch of the Matacore 'Enchantment' line of fashion robes. Speaking exclusively to WWBN Fifi states that she was very pleased to be in Australia and would not commit to any return dates nor roamers that her visit had anything to do with attempts to influence the Australian Ministry to re-think it's ties to Ronald Frump's ministry.

Witch Weekly's exclusive Interview with the well known Hit Witch hits store shelves Monday.
WWBN Number 1 Reporter Takes Aim at Pottermore
Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pmM
It seems that exposing the Minister of Magic's secret love shack was not enough to keep the host of WWBN's Top Rating News and Current Affairs show Dunena's Mad Mad World set for long. Now with the reveal of Pottermore the controversial host has moved to point fingers at not only the American Minister for Magic but that of a number of major Magical Ministries around the world accusing them of taking bribes to allow unfettered access to the Magical World. Outrage from the claims have lead to a call for a full investigation into Mr Reid's accusations. All Eyes are now on the Various Ministers and how they will respond to the latest revelations from the Man himself, Dunena Reid of Mad Mad World.

After the break WWBN-UK Continues it's round the clock coverage of the 2011 Glastonbury Festival, taking place at Worthy Farm in the UK where our own Cherry Clinger is keeping abreast of the top stories and gossip at iconic music festival with interviews with big names and newcomers alike in the Wrock scene including a exclusive with DJ Noiseworks and former one time Weird Sister Nathan Wright.
WWBN World News : Pottermore to go head to head with Woozle?
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pmM
"In Global News today many Muggles the world over logged on to the unveiling of 'Pottermore' last night, a new co-production between 'JK', Warner Brothers and Muggle Game Man..Man..Manufacturer Sony. Promising to give Muggles and Wizards alike a whole new experience many prominent figures in the magical world have come out damning what they see as yet another crass profit making exercise at the expense of the magical community.

One Hogwarts teacher has stated that since this 'Pottermore thing' started they have been inundated with well over one thousand owls from worried parents, former students and others wishing to know if it would mean Muggles would be allowed to study at Hogwarts or.. worse the school was to give up it's long held stance amongst the only schools to not have it's own interweb network.

While many in the Wizarding World are concerned Woozle today speaking to WWBN-Japan was quoted as "Not at all Worried" while reminding Wizards and Muggles alike that "whatever Pottermore promises to be there is no doubt that with Sony it will only be a matter of time before hackers get it".

In other news the Australian Ministry of Magic has moved to deny any connection to a self-declaired witch jailed for recklessly causing serious injury and dangerous driving. The Australian Minister for Magic was quoted as calling the woman a 'Bloody Idiot' while reminding that no matter what world one thinks they belong to, the laws of Australia still apply.

This has been Kim Sparkle for WWBN News at Five"
WWBN World News - WWBN Offer Apology to American Minister of Magic over Late Night Radioshow.
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 amM
"WWBN Today officially announced that it has apologized to American Minister for Magic Ronald Frump for allegations made about him on flagship nightly talk show Dunena's Mad Mad World hosted on WWBN. While the Minister was brought into a furor over recent alligations surrounding his private life it was the revelation of his secret Tuscan Villa that has lead to red faces and claims to 'Sue WWBN for every knurd it has'. Amid the turmoil ratings for WWBN's radio talk show have skyrocketed making it more popular then 'Clives Charms Hour'. Speaking to the head of WWBN it was quoted that 'Whoever Dunena is they're on to a good thing, and might just be the Wizarding Worlds answer to the Muggle World's 'Julian Assange'"
In Depth Report: Dunena's Mad Mad World #3
WWBN News Australia: House Elf Sighting in Muggle Town
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 amTiffany Fumberger
"In local news the Victorian Ministry of Magic are continuing investigations into a alleged House Elf sighting on April 26th in Drouin, a rural town 45 minutes from Melbourne. Witnesses described two ugly children suspected of stealing sneakers and wearing odd headgear. No ministry intervention was required but a number of confused Muggles where reported at the scene.

The Ministry of Magic has issued a reminder for House Elf Owners to take care when in areas where Muggles may be present."

In Depth Report: And at last we will be free, You're a bluebird
WWBN World News At 5 Headlines
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pmM
Heart of the CBD Wwbn-n10

Heart of the CBD Kim10 "Hello and welcome to WWBN News at Five, I'm Kim Sparkle and now for the headlines."

" 'No News is Good News' Is the word coming down from the Ministry and Re-it.. Re..iterated across the world. We asked The Head of Muggles United for a comment but they where unashamedly silent."

"More bulletins and the latest Quidditch Scores Right After This Break.."

No Story is Too Big or Too Small!
Post your Own News Stories!
Code:

Write Your Story (don't forget to keep it short and snappy for the camera!)
[b]In Depth Report:[/b] [url=link to source thread here (optional)[/url]

"...and in other news a happy occasion as a woman is reunited with her long lost pet Norwegian Ridgeback named Snuffles who flew off after setting fire to her house and those of neighbouring Muggles. The Woman states she is delighted but doesn't understand why her insurance premiums have sky-rocketed after what she claims was just 'a little accident"

"This is Kim Sparkle wishing you a good and safe evening."

"Goodnight."
Latest topics
2+2=5 (2012 Final Exams)Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pmYrjö 'Nigel' Hämäläinenthe dawning of a new day... sort of.Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 amGuestThe day after the week beforeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pmTamika Parker::M RATED:: All The Right Friends (Marty)Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 amKatelyn DavisReid set to take office in shock election landslide!Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmMBrandon Wright : Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 amMRequest for Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 amAbigail WrightTo: Cara McIntyre, Cherry Clinger, Dunena Reid, Greta GreenwichFri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 amFungus BlakeWhat's up with 2013Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 amMTo: Mr Marcus HobsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenTo: Miss Chloe Hobson, Miss Olivia WatsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenGetting back to normalSun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 amMHiding out in style Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pmDunena ReidLucy DrewSat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pmLucy DrewPirates of WWBN - AT HONEY'S END!Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pmJamie Savage
Beyond WWB

Wizards Without Boundaries on Polyvore Wizards Without Boundaries on Google Plus

Go down

Heart of the CBD Empty Heart of the CBD

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 am
Emma, contrary to everything Mel had kept saying, thought of this as two friends getting together for dinner. After all, it wasn't like Dunena didn't have the pick of the wizarding world what with his pure blood status, radio show and now running for office. Emma was sure there was someone he had his eye on but that didn't mean they couldn't be friends. While she didn't purchase a gown for the occasion, she did decide that perhaps Mel was a little bit right in that dressing up would be the better idea as opposed to jeans or the skirts she usually wore. Nor was it anything Mel said that caused her to do her hair up in a twist rather than just leave it hang down. Nope, not at all. After all, it wasn't like this was a date that she was stepping off the tram at Flinders Station for. No, Emma was just there to meet with her friend and enjoy dinner and conversation and catch up with how he was doing.

Speaking of her friend, was that him coming her way now?
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
:+ : American Minister for Magic
None
American Ministry of Magic
Male Posts : 149
Current Location : New York
Job : Minister for Magic
Face Claim : Robert Downey Jr
Famous Last Words : I'm not the worlds most practical man
Pet/Familar : Bill and Ted (the Llamas)

Heart of the CBD Empty Re: Heart of the CBD

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 pm
Dunena exited the the Floo at Flinders Street Station Platform 13 with Flip Flop and Shiney, Flip Flop the House Elf and Shiney the peacock were traveling under a 'Notice me not spell', well a least till they entered the Wizarding sector of Melbourne for lunch.
Dane Dunena father had insisted that Flip Flop Dunena personnel house elf accompany dunena and Emma on all future dates or at least till Dunena had the good cents to formally introduce her to the family and have a courtship coming out party. Dunena was sure his father only joy came in making his life as difficult as possible well a least his personal life anyway.
Flip flop was leading Shiney on pretty blue lead across the foyer of Finder Street towards Emma who was looking ray dent in her lovey sundress.
As Dunena approached Emma he wonder how he was going to explain Flip Flop with out sounding like a privilege brat. Dunena had considered just not bring her action to Flip Flop but then Dunena felt that it would be far from fair to have Emma watched by Flip Flop with out her knowledge.
"Emma you look wonderful" Dunena stroll forward "I have something for you, you are so ganna love" Dunena turned and singled for flip flop to lead Shiney forward.
"This is shiney he the most lovable peacock in all the land and he yours as a gift to you" Dunena was so excited by Shiney that he really had not stopped to consider that Emma may not have any place to keep Shiney.
"Flip Flop here will help with him till he get settled in" By introducing said house elf and peacock they be came viable to Emma. Dunena shot one of his million dollar smiles at Emma as he waited for Emma's reply.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 am
Yes, it was Dunena and Emma waved both as a greeting and to make sure he spotted her in the evening crowd around the station. She smoothed her skirt down as he approached, both to make sure it was hanging right and to find something to do with her hands rather than be nervous. After all, it was just dinner with a friend so there was no need for nerves. Nope, none at all. Just like she told Mel. "Dunena, hi!" she greeted him with a smile, blushing at his compliment. "You look pretty good yourself," she replied, tilting her head questioningly as he mentioned having something for her. Since she didn't see any bags in his hand, it wasn't anything to do with fiber arts, which she did truly love. No box, so obviously not cupcakes. "Peacock," she repeated after Dunena, said that's what the surprise was. "Peacock feather? Peacock..." Emma blinked. "It's. . . A. . . Peacock. A real peacock," she repeated again, rather surprised by such a gift. "He's gorgeous," she added, the last part of Dunena's statement not quite sinking in immediately but when it did, she looked at him questioningly. "Settled in? You're donating him to Werribee?" Surely that's what he meant, after all.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
None

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:48 pm
Dunena was pleased that Emma liked his new suit that he had bought just for today. she repeated the word peacock then she could see him and said he was Gorgeous then she said Werribee.
"Werribee is that where your family estate is?" Dunena asked very naïvely. "I can send shiney and flip flop a head to get him settled in. They make a very elegant Yard pet" Dunena had gotten 4 of them for the family property his father had told him his friend were impressed. "My father just love the four I put on the family estate in New York" Dunena was very hopeful that when he took Emma to meat the family and the courtship party the peacocks would help her feel more at easy.
"Once flip flop has settled him in at your estate he can join us at the restaurant" Dunena was not sure if he should inform her of his father wishes in relation to there courtship not all families stayed to the old world code of conduct that his family and more to the point his father insisted apone.
"I think I should tell you my family is kinda old fashioned. When I told my father about you he wanted me to bring you over. I told him we had only been out a couple of times and i would speck with you about it" Dunena felt that he should approach the subject slowly.
Dunena turned to Emma an extended his elbow to her for her to take it
"Shell we, we'll talk while we walk and flip flop will take care of shiny" Dunena waited for Emma to take his arm.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 am
Emma shook her head, "No, no, not my estate, the open range zoo here in Melbourne. I thought that's what you brought him with you for, to let them have him for their park," she told him, just as naïvely, not realizing he thought she had property like his family. "Yard pet" she asked, a bit confused. "Settled in?" she added, the realization beginning to come to her as he mentioned his father having some on their family estate. "Family estate?" she asked, shaking her head. "Dunena, I don't have a yard. I live over my shop in the city," Emma explained, as she brushed a bit of hair back that a breeze had caught.

As he mentioned the family being old fashioned, she wondered why his father would want to meet her, until he added the part about only being out a couple of times. "Well, it's not like we've been dating just spending time together when you've been visiting Melbourne," she told him, "Especially since you are running for office right now and it will be taking up most of your time. But we can correspond when you're back in the states," taking the arm he offered and walking with him toward the magical district. How Shiny would take care of the peacock, though, she had no idea.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm
Dunena listen as Emma talking of a zoo "umm no he's for you" she continue on she repeated what he said family estate. What she dose not have one.
" above your shop, oh you could transfiger a yard area and expained the house" dunena smiled at Emma and then she continued on about how they were not dating. Dunena felt like his whole world had dropped away as she spoke and took his arm and began walking.
Dunena felt the smile disappear from his face. Dunena stopped walk as what Emma said sunk in. Dunena had been making up reasons to come to Melbourne just to see Emma.
" not dating umm Emma " dunena turned to her " Emma I really like you I mean I want to date you, I want you to be at my side thro this campaigne, if you want" Dunena said the last part as he took her hand and looked mostly at that thro his little speach. Dunena was so nervous what if she said no what if Emma didn't want to be with him the way he wanted to be with her.
He decided to jump of the clif and just go for it.
Dunena placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in to kiss Emma. Merlin he hope she returned his advances

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm
She blinked when Dunena made it clear the peacock was supposed to be for her. She shook her head, partially in disbelief that this was happening and partially in response to his idea for adding a yard and expanding the house. "Dunena, that's so sweet of you but... But I can't expand the house or add a yard. I mean, it's not that being Muggle I can't, I have plenty of wizarding friends," she went on trying to explain to him as they walked. "I just can suddenly make the building bigger with a yard in a Muggle neighborhood. The Ministry would never allow that nor would it make my neighbors any too happy. But if he's at Werribee, I could always visit him there."

If she thought the peacock was 'stunning', both literally and figuratively, the rest of his plan was really going to be a stunner. "Dating? You? Me? You really would want to date a Muggle? Me Muggle?" Yes, Emma was such a gifted interrogator. "I didn't realize you would ... I ... I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with dating if you wanted to... getting to know you better..." Anyone still wondering why she never became a solicitor or barrister like the rest of the family? "Campaign?" she asked further. Yes, the hits just keep on coming folks! "But but but.. you're in the states and I'm here. I can't just up and leave my store and family and I don't know the first thing about campaigning. But it would be nice to spend more time together when you're here to get to know each other better."

And then, like a scene from a romantic Cary Grant movie, the dashing wealthy political candidate moves in for a tender, romantic, first kiss with the girl of his dreams. Unfortunately, in those movies, the girl of his dreams is usually not a Girl Guide patrol leader who is well liked by her patrol and greeted by them whenever they see her. "MISS EMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" dear little Buffy screeched as she ran at the couple full force, wrapping her arms around Emma's waist, hugging her tightly. "Howareyou? Can'twaitfornextmeeting! Newadditionstomycollection!" the little Girl Guide began prattling immediately. "Hi, mister! You know Miss Emma too? Isn't she great? I'm shopping with Mum but she's trying to find workboots for Pa and I'm bored but I spotted you from the shop window," she explained pointing out the now fading in the distance shoe store as she fell into step with the pair who had begun walking toward the magical distric again. "See you at meeting," she finished, waving to the pair before heading back to the shoe store where her mum was debating the benefits of Docs over generic brands.

Emma managed to supply sufficient answers to the girl as her mind tumbled over the events prior to Buffy's arrival. Fortunately, the next few minutes after the girl's departure were left to entering the magical sector and heading to the restaurant where they were shown to the table that apparently Dunena had reserved for them. "Give me a moment to freshen up?" she asked with a smile before heading to the ladies room to touch up her hair from the breeze outside and apply a bit of calmness over all she heard.

And what better way to get calmer than 'Dial-a-friend', even if it went to voice mail: "Mellllllllllll!hewantstodatemeandhavemehelpinthecampaignandgotmeapeacock! A real peacock and we're at that really nice place in the district andwhatthehellshouldIdo?I'mMuggle???????" Yes, such a clear calm message she left for her friend. When in doubt call the calvary in?

But when she returned to the table and settled in her chair, she was rather calm on the surface
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm
Dunena was listening as she tried to explain why she could not keep shiney at her place then she said the word that got his attention Muggle she a Muggle
" dating you yes " Dunena answered Emma seamed to be having trouble with this whole dating thing.
" I could keep shine at one of the family property's and you can vist him with me" Dunena hope this would help to get her to become closer with him.
" date you, yes a Muggle a very beautiful Muggle" Dunena although he has not any real experience with muggles he knew he like Emma a lot and Muggle or not she was perfect just perfect.
" I can arrange travel permeants for you so you can see me around tho most of the next few months will be campaigning, sorry about that but we can get to know each other" dunena was really looking forward to dating Emma.
As he leaned in to kiss Emma and she him he heard a child scream and then some one collided with Emma a small girl was talking a mile a minute About a meeting then she spoke to him
" yes she is fabulous" dunena was so taken by the way Emma spoke with the child she was a natural. It added to his already great love for Emma.
Dunena directed Emma to the restaurant as he was still in shock they were really dating.
Emma went to freshen up Dunena sat and took In all that had happen Emma was a Muggle this was no problem for him but dunena knew his father and mother would have issues with a Muggle girlfriend but then again they did want him to marry so dating a Muggle should be good. He was dating.
Emma came back and he stood as she approached. He sat and then looked at flip flop " please take shinned to the estate in new York then return" dunena order the house elf with a pop they were gone Dunena felt that he sould explaine why he asked flip flop to come back.
" umm one thing father is not to fond of me dating with out a Chaperon so he has umm made me bring flip flop a long, I know It's sound like I'm a privileged brat but my family from a very long line of wizard and all must be done as it alway has been" Dunena said the part about doing as it is alway done like his father had told him dull and drol.
" sorry" Dunena reached across and took Emma's hands in his. " This is one of the finest restaurants in the city" dunena was really not sure what else to say.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 pm
Okay, that was a surprise that Dunena had no clue she was a Muggle. Emma was sure everything about her screamed Muggle from her typical (what she considered typical) style of dress to her constant use of Muggle transportation to, well, everything. "Yes, Dunena, I'm fully and absolutely Muggle. No wizarding blood, no magical ability whatsoever," she told him, just before the full on assault by Girl Guide Buffy of Patrol 6. Had Emma really been paying attention to Dunena rather than the rattling excited speech of her patrol member.

She was sure everyone in a forty mile radius could hear her panicked breathing, even though it actually was quite normal, just she seemed to hear it as panicked. However, eventually, panic under control, best friend appropriately messaged from ladies room (it's a requirement of dating etiquette, you know), and settled at the table, her email tone went off, just as Dunena sent Flip Flop off with the peacock for the time being. Glancing a look at the email, Emma quickly sent a short reply before telling Dunena, "I may have family that can keep Shiny but I'd have to talk to them first. They have large yards in the country here. Over towards Warragul," she told him, a bit more focused on what was happening now that she had a chance to sit down and absorb it all.

It was as he brought up his father's old fashioned ways, such as a chaperone, that she smiled a bit and nodded, "That's fine. Flip Flop seems rather nice. But.." she hesitated a moment. "If we're going to date and such, what is he going to say when he learns I'm a Muggle if he is old fashioned?" Emma may have been Muggle but she had been involved in the wizarding world long enough to know what "old fashioned" meant.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 am
Dunena was still coming to terms with Emma's muggleness no magical ability at all. How strange not having magic Dunena heard a message tone he assumed it was from Emma as he had left his iPad in the office in new york and that was the only thing Dunena knew made sounds like that Dunena was unsure what she was doing with such a small iPad it not like you could read on that small screen anyway.
"Excellent, well he will need a large yard." Dunena listen as Emma talk about his Flip Flop and Father.
"Flip flop is my personal Elf a gift from Father when I was 4 so he not has well trained as father would like but l like him. As for father and mother belief's they are what they are and I think they will come round to your sparkling personality and ray dent Beauty" Dunena was not so sure of this but why spoil of the date with talk of his Father's way of thinking. Dunena would deal with father and mother in his own time and insure that they treated Emma with respect.
I was then that flip flop popped back in to the room and took to standing Just be hide Dunena to his left as was the costume for ones house elves.
"So what should we order for our dinner?" Dunena asked as he pick up the menu and began looking thro it.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am
"Oh they have a farm, lots of land, other animals. I'm sure they'll let him stay," Emma said, hoping Mel's father would agree to the idea. As Flip Flop returned, Emma saw him sort of hide behind Dunena, as the man explained how he had come to having the house elf's services. "Well, he's not going to stand there all night," she declared. "That's just not fair to Flip Flop." With that, Emma stood quickly and pulled a chair from an empty table over to theirs. "There you go, Flip Flop. May I call you that? My name is Emma and I'm honored to meet you," she said as the elf eventually settled himself in the chair.

As the conversation turned to his parents, Emma nodded. "Well, its something a good bit down the road as we are just getting to know each other and you have that election to deal with anyway," she told him. Emma was not ruling out meeting his parents but she was putting it off till both of them knew what they wanted, if anything, between them. She wasn't of the 'old school' and felt that if things were looking more permanent then was the time to meet the parents, not just because you wanted to go out on dates.

With Flip Flop settled in a chair, and menus to peruse, Emma looked it over and made her decision. "I'll try their grilled salmon and rice," she told him, looking at the house elf, she asked him, "What do you want to order, Flip Flop?" Yes, it seemed that Emma was not going to settle for anything less than Flip Flop being treated as an equal. This should go over well.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm
Dunena was happy to hear that Emma would have a farm to keep shiney.
"Good i think he will like that" Emma looked at flip flop as he stood be hide him hen she stood and pulled out a chair for him. Emma even asked about how to address him the elf looked to Dunena as flip flop looked to the chair Dunena nodded his approval to the elf to take a seat.
"Missy no have to talk to flip flop. Flip Flop is just fine as is" Flip flop said in a high squeaky voice.
Emma contained specking about how it would be some time down the road before she meet Dunena parents but the truth was that it was costume for parents to approve the girlfriend before they dated in any real way problem with that was explaining it to Emma a Muggle from a modern way of thinking. Was there any way to explain it with out it jut sounding old fashion and out dated.
"yes well that dose depend on Father really he will set the date for your meeting as is the tradition within the Reid family. Sorry about it but like i said old fashioned" Dunena found it hard to keep eye contact as he spoke. " and speaking of the election there is a chance you may get mentioned and photo taken and even reporter trying to talk to you" Dunena felt he need to prepare for the possibility of those things happening.
Emma order the grilled salmon and rice " Nice, l think i will have the mushroom risotto" it was her next comment that surprised Dunena she asked flip flop what he wanted.
"NNNOOO Missey I don't be eating here I eat at the manor" Flip flop squeaked out to emma as he shock his head.
"Its ok Flip flop you may eat here if you wish. no one need know" Dunena knew it was generation of breeding that kept flip flop this way but Dunena own family that made the elf so fearfully proper. the elf looked at Dunena with a half smile not sure what todo.
"You should try the vegetable lasagne" Dunena advised the elf

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 pm
"First off, Flip Flop," Emma began gently, "My name is Emma. If you are more comfortable using 'Miss Emma', that's fine but it's okay to use my name," she assured the small elf, with a smile. "Secondly, there is no reason for you to have to stand when we are going to be sitting for a while. Be comfortable, eat some food with us. It's okay..." pausing for a moment, she added, "But if it would make you feel more comfortable for me to have Dunena tell you it's an order, we could do that?" Emma was glad to see that Dunena was assuring the elf it was okay to sit and join them. Orders were given to the waiter and then she thought about what he had said regarding his father.

However, she was not pleased at all when he became insistent about his father. "Dunena," she told him, the look in her eyes, to most that knew her would be a warning that this was not negotiable, "Let me put this as clearly as I can. I do not answer to your father. I am not dating your father. I am not caring what he wants. Either he gets off his high horse and let's us carry on our dating and deciding if we want a serious relationship on our own and meets me when we make a decision that perhaps it is going to be a serious relationship or, if you are that connected to him, you can date him instead." She waited to see his response. "Mentioned? There's no reason to mention me as we are not a couple at the moment. We're just dating" She wondered was he just dating someone, her, to look good now.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 pm
Dunena was sure flip flop was scared out of his wits having someone other that himself treating him as a person not a thing.
" the truth is Emma he will not even use my name when specking to me" Dunena advised Emma to hopefully stop flip flop from frecking out about the whole name thing.
Flip flop took his seat and dunena order him a vegetable lasagna. Emma started with a very serious face dunena knew this was not a good thing.
" I know your not dating my father and I did tell him as much but I felt you should know what you will walk into if and when you meet him." Dunena knew his father would be a problem from the moment he he told his father about Emma and they had argued for hours then he lost went home drank then did a show that Made less cents than most of them.
" I didn't mean I was going to mention you but as my new campaigne manager george something. I told him in no uncertain terms that he was not to bring you in to the campaign unless I gave him the ok but he then reminded me that if he could find out about you and me then Frumps people could and he not a nice man and he may bring you up so I felt you should know so you could be ready if that happened" Dunena was not sure that came across right but he hope she under stood she was not going to be a tool in his campaign but his girlfriend and hopefully someday something more.
" I would like it to just be us" dunena said in a shineye way looking everywhere but at Emma

( OOC posted from iPad )

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:52 am
"Well, that's probably because you're his master," Emma replied, adding "Unless you give him clothing. Then you wouldn't be but that depends on whether Flip Flop wants to be or not." Perhaps someone should tell Emma her Muggles United membership is showing? But she wasn't really pushing the topic, just expressing what was pretty much a fact. "However, I'm not his ... Owner," she said, almost choking on the word, "I'd be more comfortable if he'd use my name if we're going to spend time together." She told Dunena.

If Dunena had been worried about Flip Flop freaking out, he was worried wrong. It was when Emma heard him say the phrase
when you meet my father
that she raised both eyebrows and just stared at Dunena for a moment. "If," she told him, very strongly emphasizing the word 'if', "If I meet your father, not 'when'."

And that was the calm part. Then he mentioned all the things about his campaign manager. "You.have.been.talking.abut.me.with.your.campaign.manager?" she asked, her words measured and neutral, for now. "Dunena," she continued, "We've not really gone on a date, till now and really, I didn't even know you were wanting this to be a date till you arrived. What do you mean you were talking with some stranger about me, us, whatever will happen and I didn't even know there is a possible us?" Her eyes flashed even though she didn't raise her voice. Emma was not thrilled with this. "Look, I do like you. I would like to spend time with you and see if we get along, whatever. But," emphasizing the 'but' though not quite as strong as the 'if' a few minutes ago, "I don't know if we're going to have anything yet. I don't know if I'm going to want anything. I've had relationships before and they failed. Maybe I just am better off not having one but I want time to figure out what, if anything, we have before you go off making all these decisions about who I'm supposed to meet and what I'm supposed to do or not do for your campaign!"
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:41 pm
Dunena was not sure when this date had be come a big argument Dunena was sure there was a wrong turn some were right around date, chaprone and his father. This dating thing was harder than he remembered but he was sure most of them were selected by his father on the proper pure blood way.
"ummm" Dunena was unsure what to say anymore he did not want make this worst. Dunena had said nothing since Emma started specking some minutes ago she had she had talked down to him about his house elf well sort of anyway cleared up the dating thing in a sad we were not dating way and then told him there going to end badly and she has issues with his campaign.
"Emma I didn't bring you in to the campaign the man I was interviewing for a job mention you that when I told him not to bring you in to it as your not a platform you my date and my friend that was when he advised me that frump could find out about if he could so I just wanted to make sure that you know it a possibility but not from my side" Dunena hoped that by making his position clear so as to help her clam down about so Emma did think she was a political appendage.
" as for my father lets leave that discussion for anthoure time I think" Dunena felt even to him his father was a saw subject in relation to dating Emma epically now that dunena knew she was a Muggle.
" I would really like the chance to prove that relationships can go good and be very rewarding and for fulling for both of us." dunena was a master of polictal words but not the lovey dove stuff so he hope he had expressed him self right and in a way that would not upset her any further.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 am
As Dunena started explaining and trying to reassure her that he didn't purposely try to make her part of his campaign and was actually working to prevent it, she pushed a piece of food around the plate, listening. She set her fork down, smiled over at the elf who seemed to have discovered the joys of vegetable lasagna before turning to look at Dunena, still a smile though not quite fully happy. "It's not that I don't want to spend time with you," she assured him. "I do, very much so. It's just that I had no idea you were interested in seeing me as anything more than a friend, a long-distance one at that," Emma explained. "When you showed up tonight with that lovely peacock and suddenly it's mine and we're being chaperoned and you're already talking about meeting your father...." Emma felt herself starting to sound a bit hyper and stopped for a second to catch her breath. "It was just so much at once and then trying to tell me I can't be nice to Flip Flop," looking over at the elf, she smiled again, "Who is such a sweetheart, well, I want to see you again. I want to date you, that would be nice, but," she added, "I would like to slow down and date you. I would like to spend time learning who you are beyond this public figure running for office and whatever they say about you there. I like you, Dunena," Emma told him, her smile growing a little and she reached over and covered his hand with hers, "But I need to be sure that if there is anything that will grow between us, it's there and it's right. I've been hurt before and I don't really want to again. I just want to take our time."
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm
Dunena listen to Emma spoke about her well surprise at the dating and gifts and meeting his father.
"Sorry its just the way things are done in the wizarding world we are expected to meet the parents and have a escort. but the gift are the way of showing how important you are to me i really would like to see you again and often and i can make the time in my schedule nothing is more important to me that making you happy" Dunena listened as she said she wanted to know the non public Dunena reid
" the truth is if you have listen to the show and spoken to me is what you see is what you get I happy to take my time but you need to know that i'm not good at taking time i tend to run in and do things and thinking comes a ling way down what ever road i'm on" Dunena felt he should tell her that he was not a thinker he was a do'er
"But I will try to take my time to help you feel more comfortable with me and make it better" Dunena was sure he could slow down and make it work the way she wants it to work.
"I think i may need you to teach me how muggles do the dating thing coz i get the impression that wizard dating may be more formal than your used to Emma " Dunena pushed his plate aside and reached out to take her hand.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:49 am
Emma looked very surprised as Dunena explained it was the way things were done in the wizarding world. "Gee, here I thought America was rather modern about things!" she exclaimed. "Here, all my wizarding friends just date and when they decide its the right time, their partner meets the family and not a single wizarding couple takes a chaperone. Well, unless you count my friends Marcus and Rowan who usually end up being followed a lot by Lady Macbeth, her fire lizard." Laughing she said, "I know one who actually didn't meet her boyfriend's parents until she had delivered their baby. And my cousin's fiancee is going to meet his parents next month at his birthday celebration." Of course, Emma did not mention that the her was one of her best friends and the parents were her own. "Oh! Speaking of my cousin and his fiancee," she told Dunena, "Well, since you want to date which means we're more than friends, I can ask you... I mean I wanted to ask you anyway but didn't think you'd want to.. Well, I'm in the wedding so I'd kind of be involved until we got to the reception but would you and FlipFlop like to come to the wedding as my guests? I mean, if you're schedule will let you and all?? It's not till October 6th." Looking over at the chaperoning house elf, she smiled and added, "And there will be a few other house elfs invited as well so you'll be able to make some friends there."

"Yes, I've listened to the show," she assured him, "But that's still not all there is to you and that's the you I want to get to know but it takes time." She smiled when he admitted he's not good with going slow. "Well, I need to. I don't think you could deliberately hurt someone but I just don't want to be hurt again. Twice has been enough. It's just me being cautious but it's part of who I am." At his asking about her teaching him how Muggles date, she shook her head. "It's not that Muggles are less formal than wizards, at least not the ones I know as I mentioned earlier," she assured him, holding his hand. "It just seems like some families still do it the old way. Muggles used to be that formal too."
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Dunena w as not sure if he sould explaine to Emma how pure blood dating works as it was clearly not the same thing her friends were used too.
"it's a family thing. Sorry. Really they had children before parents meet them. In my family only son or not they never speck to me again" dunena was shocked to hear that there were people that would have children with out there parents permission or approval. Then she went on to ask him on a date to a wedding of friends a change to meet her friends this would make him a very happy man.
" I would love to come with you to the wedding of your friends of course flip flop must come " dunena answered " believe me I will make the opening in my schedule" dunena was so happy.
" oh Emma " dunena reached out and took her hands " if I ever hurt you I would distroy my self before I let that happen" dunena was sure he would die first before hurting Emma.
" I think the formal stuff is just my family and a hand full of others " dunena smiled he looked around and saw that the restaurant was emptying out.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 am
Emma smiled and nodded as Dunena asked about her brother's situation in a state of almost disbelief. "Yes, though I guess really my brother had met her parents and our parents live in England so it is kind of hard to just up and go meet people. It seemed to work out as they were flying here to surprise us and guess, they ended up surprised as they happened to arrive on the day their first grandchild was born." Emma smiled, remembering that night. "It was kind of nice that they were here for that, too." Since Emma and Dunena had cleared the air and seemed to have gotten on the same page together, she was smiling a lot this evening as they finished their dinner and talked.

"Well, if it ends up you can't because of the election, I understand but I am glad you will at least try," she told him and with a grin, told Dunena and FlipFlop. "And you can come even if Dunena can't Flip Flop. Well, unless he really really needs you there for whatever function he has to go to." She understood that his family and some of the stuck in the mud older purebloods still followed even arranged marriages for their children but Emma was Emma and she was not one to cave in to demands immediately like that. Emma figured if they were going anywhere with their relationship, his father better figure that out now, not that she said this nor actually conciously thought it.

Dunena's promise however, caused her to frown and she set down her tea cup and took his hand again. "No," she told him. "Don't make a promise that is impossible to keep. I know sometimes, things happen and one of us might hurt the other and not realize we're doing it.. It happens. Just promise that you'll just try to never do it on purpose. Okay?" she asked him.

The restaurant was not as crowded as before and the servers would come by and check on their drinks, bringing Emma a fresh pot of tea as she needed it so Emma was not surprised when someone would come near the table. She was caught by surprised when a 'pop' sounded and suddenly there was another house elf standing there. "Tetris!" Emma exclaimed "What are you doing here?"

Tetrissmiled and explained, "Sorry, Miss Emma. Tetris did not know you were on a date. Miss Rowan wanted me to ask you to order some yarn and when I didn't find you at the shop I looked and found you were here! And he's CUTE! Hubba Hubba!"

"I'll be glad to, just leave the order under the back door mat and I'll take care of it in the morning," she assured the little house elf. Emma blushed at the little elf's outburst and began to reply, "Well, he is, yes. His name's Dune...." but was interrupted.

"Nooooooo Him!" she explained pointing at FlipFlop. "He's cute!" Upon finishing, she immediatly swung her camera up and took several pictures of FlipFlop. "Gotta go, bye!" and with another pop was gone.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Sun May 13, 2012 2:15 pm
Dunena was listing to the story of Emma's as she said they were flying over dunena could not help but wonder how Muggle survived with out the ability to apprateate from one place to the other they must spend half there live traveling.
" strange most people I know know each other family already" dunena comment was the truth almost all the people in his world knew or knew of the Reid's hell half of them were cousins.
" you need not worry about the election getting in the way I will be there to escort you to your friends wedding" dunena knew he would move the world to make sure he was there to meet Emma's friends.
As Emma addressed flip flop advising him he could come flip flop thew as scared look at his master with in seconds dunena had his wand out and cast a bubble wrap " bubble pop" the bubble wrap wrapped around flip flop leaving only his eyes and mouth uncovered as flip flop took to smacking his head in to the table.
" bad flip flop bad must not speck let's missy talk to him like that" flip flop squeaked as his head hit the table for the second time.
" sorry Emma flip flop not good with umm being spoken to directly" dunena advised then turned to flip flop " stop now" dunena gave it as an order the elf stopped. Dunena flicked his wand and the bubble wrap disappeared.
As Emma spoke of promises when a pop interrupted dunena repliy before he could start specking. The elf had a dress on that was strange.
The elf spoke to Emma the made a comment about cuteness the was about the wink at the elf when it cut for Emma's introduction and advised that she liked flip flop it was then that flip flop jump up from his chair as the elf took his photo and left " that's not good she no let the mistress finish specking" flip flop said as he jumped " she waring clothes not good not good I no go free elf are bad bad Elfs no go" dunena was not fast enough this time as he snaked his hands under a flower pot from a shelf near the table. Dunena cast the bubble wrap spell again and the spoke " flip flop please stop that you do not need to speck with the elf if you don't want to" dunena then looked at Emma's
" sorry flip flop is a very old school elf. I will see to it he is better behaved at the wedding if he is coming" dunena shot flip flop a look when he said if " he not good in social settings. I will pick you up at you place for the wedding" dunena said as he sipped on a lovely red wine. Dunena never wanted this night to end.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum