Wizards Without Boundaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reid set to take office in shock election landslide!
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmM
Update from the 2012 WWBN Election Newsroom...

Polls closed just minutes ago but with the expertise of the finest countermonkey's have projected a landslide win for former WWBN Mad Mad World Host Dunena Reid.

Exit poll results give a strong 80% majority result for the newcomer with some even choosing to vote for exotic animals then give a vote to Frump in what has to be his worst result ever.

You heard it here first, Dunena Reid is the new American Minister for Magic!
WWBN-NY Radio Personality set to Run for Office?
Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 amBenjamin Jefferson
The Magical world today woke to a flurry of Werks and stories after last night's broadcast of Dunena Reid's Weird Weird World hinted, quite strongly that recently crowned Houglass Magazine's Person of the Year Dunena Reid, was set to enter the race for the 2012 American Magical Elections with no lesser sight then the Minister's position currently held by Ronald Frump.

Speaking to the Ministry this morning reporters where told that while some paperwork may have been received it was after the weekend cut-off and would not be looked at until the subsequent week at the earliest.. unless it had fallen on the desk of one F. Blake in which one just had to hope that it would be filed at all.

Considered a possible hoax a interview with Producer and year long associate of Mr Reid Benjamin Jefferson led to the following statement "The hell I know? Trust me man I'm usually the last to find out these things"

More on this story and other top breaking news including the protest by Interweb giants Woozle against Muggle proposed internet filtering laws, after this break.
Chudley Canons Star Player Now A Professor
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pmAnonymous
The Accademia Magica di Italia is proud to announce the hiring of Chudley Canons star player, Jamie Savage as its new professor of Broom Flying Instruction and team quidditch coach. Interim Headmaster Angelo Benito made the announcement at a press conference this morning. He stated that "The school is pleased and grateful that someone of Senore Savage's talent would accept a position like this. The students will benefit greatly from his expertise". Professor Savage has already begun working with the students and the team has their first game soon against Venice Magical Academy.
WWBN World News : Police searching Seine River
Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pmAnonymous
Our Paris news desk reports that police in Paris have begun searching the Seine River for the body of a man who is believed to have jumped from one of the bridges in a possible suicide attempt. Reported by a party on one of the barges docked along the Seine, this raw footage shot by one of the party goers shows the man plunging into the river. No sign of his exit from the river has been found and they believe that he died on impact.

Next up is....
W! News : Fifi LaRoux Unexpected Australian Visit
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 amFifi LaRoux
Yes ladies the roamers where true that none other then high flung socialite and darling of the European Ministry Fifi LaRoux has been sighted in Melbourne, Australia which has recently been named the worlds most livable city for a second time.

While none have stated what brought on the arrival of Miss LaRoux there's been no question that the world famous Hit Witch has made no secret of her visit with roamers of a behind closed doors meeting with the Minister for Magic himself before dining out at the exclusive Vue de Monde for drinks. Seemingly at home in the city Fifi underwent a tour of the Auror department before attending the midwinter launch of the Matacore 'Enchantment' line of fashion robes. Speaking exclusively to WWBN Fifi states that she was very pleased to be in Australia and would not commit to any return dates nor roamers that her visit had anything to do with attempts to influence the Australian Ministry to re-think it's ties to Ronald Frump's ministry.

Witch Weekly's exclusive Interview with the well known Hit Witch hits store shelves Monday.
WWBN Number 1 Reporter Takes Aim at Pottermore
Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pmM
It seems that exposing the Minister of Magic's secret love shack was not enough to keep the host of WWBN's Top Rating News and Current Affairs show Dunena's Mad Mad World set for long. Now with the reveal of Pottermore the controversial host has moved to point fingers at not only the American Minister for Magic but that of a number of major Magical Ministries around the world accusing them of taking bribes to allow unfettered access to the Magical World. Outrage from the claims have lead to a call for a full investigation into Mr Reid's accusations. All Eyes are now on the Various Ministers and how they will respond to the latest revelations from the Man himself, Dunena Reid of Mad Mad World.

After the break WWBN-UK Continues it's round the clock coverage of the 2011 Glastonbury Festival, taking place at Worthy Farm in the UK where our own Cherry Clinger is keeping abreast of the top stories and gossip at iconic music festival with interviews with big names and newcomers alike in the Wrock scene including a exclusive with DJ Noiseworks and former one time Weird Sister Nathan Wright.
WWBN World News : Pottermore to go head to head with Woozle?
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pmM
"In Global News today many Muggles the world over logged on to the unveiling of 'Pottermore' last night, a new co-production between 'JK', Warner Brothers and Muggle Game Man..Man..Manufacturer Sony. Promising to give Muggles and Wizards alike a whole new experience many prominent figures in the magical world have come out damning what they see as yet another crass profit making exercise at the expense of the magical community.

One Hogwarts teacher has stated that since this 'Pottermore thing' started they have been inundated with well over one thousand owls from worried parents, former students and others wishing to know if it would mean Muggles would be allowed to study at Hogwarts or.. worse the school was to give up it's long held stance amongst the only schools to not have it's own interweb network.

While many in the Wizarding World are concerned Woozle today speaking to WWBN-Japan was quoted as "Not at all Worried" while reminding Wizards and Muggles alike that "whatever Pottermore promises to be there is no doubt that with Sony it will only be a matter of time before hackers get it".

In other news the Australian Ministry of Magic has moved to deny any connection to a self-declaired witch jailed for recklessly causing serious injury and dangerous driving. The Australian Minister for Magic was quoted as calling the woman a 'Bloody Idiot' while reminding that no matter what world one thinks they belong to, the laws of Australia still apply.

This has been Kim Sparkle for WWBN News at Five"
WWBN World News - WWBN Offer Apology to American Minister of Magic over Late Night Radioshow.
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 amM
"WWBN Today officially announced that it has apologized to American Minister for Magic Ronald Frump for allegations made about him on flagship nightly talk show Dunena's Mad Mad World hosted on WWBN. While the Minister was brought into a furor over recent alligations surrounding his private life it was the revelation of his secret Tuscan Villa that has lead to red faces and claims to 'Sue WWBN for every knurd it has'. Amid the turmoil ratings for WWBN's radio talk show have skyrocketed making it more popular then 'Clives Charms Hour'. Speaking to the head of WWBN it was quoted that 'Whoever Dunena is they're on to a good thing, and might just be the Wizarding Worlds answer to the Muggle World's 'Julian Assange'"
In Depth Report: Dunena's Mad Mad World #3
WWBN News Australia: House Elf Sighting in Muggle Town
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 amTiffany Fumberger
"In local news the Victorian Ministry of Magic are continuing investigations into a alleged House Elf sighting on April 26th in Drouin, a rural town 45 minutes from Melbourne. Witnesses described two ugly children suspected of stealing sneakers and wearing odd headgear. No ministry intervention was required but a number of confused Muggles where reported at the scene.

The Ministry of Magic has issued a reminder for House Elf Owners to take care when in areas where Muggles may be present."

In Depth Report: And at last we will be free, You're a bluebird
WWBN World News At 5 Headlines
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pmM
the dawning of a new day... sort of. Wwbn-n10

the dawning of a new day... sort of. Kim10 "Hello and welcome to WWBN News at Five, I'm Kim Sparkle and now for the headlines."

" 'No News is Good News' Is the word coming down from the Ministry and Re-it.. Re..iterated across the world. We asked The Head of Muggles United for a comment but they where unashamedly silent."

"More bulletins and the latest Quidditch Scores Right After This Break.."

No Story is Too Big or Too Small!
Post your Own News Stories!
Code:

Write Your Story (don't forget to keep it short and snappy for the camera!)
[b]In Depth Report:[/b] [url=link to source thread here (optional)[/url]

"...and in other news a happy occasion as a woman is reunited with her long lost pet Norwegian Ridgeback named Snuffles who flew off after setting fire to her house and those of neighbouring Muggles. The Woman states she is delighted but doesn't understand why her insurance premiums have sky-rocketed after what she claims was just 'a little accident"

"This is Kim Sparkle wishing you a good and safe evening."

"Goodnight."
Latest topics
2+2=5 (2012 Final Exams)Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pmYrjö 'Nigel' Hämäläinenthe dawning of a new day... sort of.Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 amGuestThe day after the week beforeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pmTamika Parker::M RATED:: All The Right Friends (Marty)Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 amKatelyn DavisReid set to take office in shock election landslide!Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmMBrandon Wright : Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 amMRequest for Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 amAbigail WrightTo: Cara McIntyre, Cherry Clinger, Dunena Reid, Greta GreenwichFri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 amFungus BlakeWhat's up with 2013Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 amMTo: Mr Marcus HobsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenTo: Miss Chloe Hobson, Miss Olivia WatsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenGetting back to normalSun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 amMHiding out in style Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pmDunena ReidLucy DrewSat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pmLucy DrewPirates of WWBN - AT HONEY'S END!Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pmJamie Savage
Beyond WWB

Wizards Without Boundaries on Polyvore Wizards Without Boundaries on Google Plus

Go down
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
:+ : American Minister for Magic
None
American Ministry of Magic
Male Posts : 149
Current Location : New York
Job : Minister for Magic
Face Claim : Robert Downey Jr
Famous Last Words : I'm not the worlds most practical man
Pet/Familar : Bill and Ted (the Llamas)

the dawning of a new day... sort of. Empty the dawning of a new day... sort of.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 pm
Dunena head was on his desk as the cheer rang out thro his office which could only mean one thing he was minster of magic. How had this happen he had taken bill and ted (the Llamas) to the last interview and even introduced them to the people and told people they where his best friends. He had done all he could to stop this train and destroy the campaign since discovering that George was an Evil prick that was out for his own power.
As Dunena lifted his head he released that he had prepared a victory speech only his concession speech.
"Shit" He mumbled. Dunena tured to bill and ted who where sitting in the corner of his office on a bed he had made for them.
"Guys we are in big trouble" Dunena look around lit up a smoke and garbed an old parchment and began scribbling a speech for his new role.
A knock on the door made him jump.
"Yes" Dunena called out hoping it was not George on the other side altho unlikely as he never really knocked.
A young man put his head. dunena could never remember his name some upstart pureblood.
"sir are you ready to head over to the ballroom to take up your office" Dunena took a long drag of his smoke and stood pushed the paper in to his pocket. Mashed out his smoke in the ash tray.
"well there no way out of it. Come on Guys where of to a party" Dunena called to his Boys Bill and ted ( the Llamas).
Dunena walked out on to the floor of his campaign headquarters to a raw of cheers and everyone trying to congratulate him and shake his hand. Bill and ted (The Llamas) followed him out.
Dunena slowly walk thro the group and was pushed in to a limo for the short trip to the worst moment of his life becoming Minister of magic.
He knew when he arrived that his father would be there and maybe George too.
as he sat there looking at the city pass him by he pulled out the speech he had scribbled out before.
Thank you all for your support thro this campaign.
I never thought to write this speech before tonight as i really did not expect to win this race.
I will try to be the best minster this country has ever seen but that is not to say there will not be times that you will hate me and what I do.
but i hope that is because of my honesty and not for the dishonesty that has surround the ministry of recent years.
and thats why i can tell you that i will be conducting a full clean out and audit of the ministry as soon as i take office
I know it a short speech but you didn't vote for me to talk but to act.

He knew it was crap as his term would never be his but George's but it was best to play the part for now anyway at least till he could come up with a way to get George out of the way. the car come to a stop dunena looked at bill and ted (the llamas ) Forced his carefree simile on to his face and stepped from the car in to the crazy media storm that being elected minster creates.

Last edited by Dunena Reid on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

the dawning of a new day... sort of. Empty Re: the dawning of a new day... sort of.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:28 am
Greta voted for him but really, she never thought he stood a chance. Even after some of the scenes at his recent rallies, she still cast her vote for him when it had reached a point of 'the lesser of two evils idiots'. Well, perhaps Greta really didn't think Dunena was officially an idiot but some of his behavior lately was sure trying to convince people he was. Did she believe he'd win? Hell no. But he did. Somehow, Dunena Reid had still managed to rally the voting wizardry populace in this country and win. Greta had been halfway to what would have been the site of Frump's victory speech when she had received the message to change direction and head to Reid's rally. Her editor wanted her to cover the winning speech and sent an intern to cover the concession speech. Her editor had also sent an intern to the archives to find out who in the wizarding world was this Ebenezer Koala who had received the only write in vote of the election. But that's a tale for another thread.

A bit out of breath from running from the subway station to be sure she was on time, Greta had been able to score a front row seat and was waiting with all the other reporters for the arrival of the newly elected Minister of Magic.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
Born in The United States of America Pureblood - A Witch or Wizard with All Pureblood Ancestors usually because of Purest Values against Intermingling with Muggles etc.
None

the dawning of a new day... sort of. Empty Re: the dawning of a new day... sort of.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:52 am
He step out in to the night air he closed the door on bill and ted( the Llamas) all tho they had been with him the pass few weeks he felt at least now that he was minister he should act like it. Well at least for the first few hours.
Dunena found that altho he spent a lot of time in the public eye he was very nerves out the rest of to night in front of media and all the people who think he the best man for a job he never wanted.
He waded the group of well wishers in to the room full of reporters
He looked around the mass of reports and Dunena saw many faces he knew but one court his eye.
"Greta?" He stopped near her. He was really hoping to delay going up on to the stage and officially taking up the office of Minster of Magic.
Dunena did not have performance issues he just had job issues
"Hay you look a bit out of breath. I know I'm hansom but really" Dunena gave her a wink and half smile playing to the hansom young new kid on the block image.
"So shocking result tonight, I can tell you it shocked me" Dunena said the last part to the group of reporters that where around him.
"so who coming to the after party?" Dunena said to her" Not that i will be to long i have to get home and start working on the new governments plans to clean out the old out dated administration and start the interviews for new staff. You should stop by greta i may have a job for you" Dunena was hoping to fill the job of press secretary with some one he could trust before George got there first.
Dunena knew he was in a whole new game now and publicly offering jobs and if excepted he knew George could not change that and putting people like greta in key places he hope to keep the ministry His ministry clean and good.
Dunena was starting to wonder what his first day as minster of magic elect would be like and how many new friends he would have so he wanted to keep the the people who knew him close by to keep him real.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 am
Greta had seen the approach of the new Minister of Magic and nodded when he stopped by her spot in the front row. She ignored the wink and replied to his greeting. "Well, glad at least you know that," she replied and added, "Congratulations, Minister. Seems like it was a landslide victory for you. One vote short of being unanimous." She had been briefed as she rode the subway to the hotel. An interesting win, actually, since based on the write in vote that kept it from being a complete win, it appeared that either Frump did not vote or voted for Reid himself.

She was a bit surprised that he would ask her who'd be coming to the victory party even if he admitted he'd probably leave early. "Don't know. I have a deadline so I'll be heading right back to the office to get it typed up and submitted. I'm sure you'll have plenty of supporters and fans here though."

Apparently, however, Dunena was full of suprises as he suggested she come to see him about a job. Greta gave that polite professional smile she used when on the job and simply told him, "Thanks, but I have a job now."

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm
Marty had been at a nearby Starbucks with one of the twins who were serving as his 'assistant' when they received word about the wizarding election results and that Dunena Reid would be making his victory speech in a bit at a nearby hotel. Coffee cup in hand, Marty headed over to the location curious about what Reid would say. After all, it was Reid's Light the Darkness rally that had started Marty's journey between two worlds. The man had some good ideas if he was able to keep himself together and, from some of the articles that would occasionally surface during the latter days, that seemed questionable.

Used to dodging others on the city streets, it did not take Marty long to find his way to the hotel and the correct room where the press conference would be held. Packed with reports, Marty was quite content to locate an empty corner in the back from which to watch the proceedings. It wasn't like he was going to ask any questions, that was left to the reports. He was mainly curious about where this would all go. He also realized he was curious as to what Clevon would think of it all. While they were on opposite sides of the wizarding spectrum -- and a few other spectrums as well -- they did have interests that made decent discussions possible.

For now, he leaned against the wall, sipping his coffee and watching the room. He spotted Dunena already there but not at the podium yet, talking to a familiar looking face, Greta Greenwich, the reporter from the night of the rally.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 am
George was in his hotel suite when the news came in. Not that George had any doubt Dunena would have one. His only doubt had been that Dunena would have won without any magical vote fixing. He had to admit that the boy (for at George's age, Reid was still a boy) had managed to pull a electoral miracle to end all electoral miracles. Giving himself on last check in the mirror, George straightened his tie, slipped into his suit jacket and put on that rarely missing fedora hat before picking up his ever present cigarette holder. Not that he could smoke in this Muggle hotel with all it's laws but he could still carry it around.

An assistant stood nearby, pad and quill in hand waiting to either read back information or take notes. "Rontok, have someone find out who this 'Ebenezer Kola or Koawla or whatever his name is that got that one write in vote."

"Yes, sir", Rontok replied, scribbling furiously with his quill

"And put that down and get one of those Muggle biros. This is a Muggle hotel after all."

"Yes, sir", Rontok replied, quickly laying down his quill and picking up one of the complimentary pens laying on the desk in the sitting room.

"Shall we?" George asked leading Rontok to take this employer's arm and let McQueen apparate them to a small room off the main banquet room. Brushing imaginary lint off of his jacket, George then nodded and Rontok opened the door to let George enter the press conference.

George searched the crowd, noticing some familiar and not so familiar faces of interest before going over to the soon to be Minister of Magic for America who was speaking to one of the reporters sitting in the front row. "Ah! There he is, the man of the hour," George greeted his candidate with an affectation of warmth. "And who is this?" George asked as if thinking a moment. "If I recall correctly, Ms. Greenwich with The Global Voice, isn't it?" At her affirmative nod, George smiled and looked back to Dunena. "You know, son, you should do whatever you can to get her to accept the position of your press secretary. She's done some excellent stories in the Voice."

No, George wasn't out to take over the Minister's position. He had other fish to fry, or dragon eggs to hatch as it were and it wasn't involving a takeover of the American Ministry of Magic. Nor was he a stupid man. If someone had talent, all the more reason to use them. As the mentor of the new Minister of Magic, however, well that would open doors to contacts that George needed. He just had to continue to make sure Dunena Reid did not implode on himself and destroy the nice set up they both had now.

"Dunena, you must begin soon. Your adoring public," with that George waved his arm to indicate the continuously growing crowd, "is waiting. I'll introduce you."

With that, George took to the podium and pointing his wand to his throat, spoke, "Sonorous". With that, his voice could be heard throughout the room. "Ladies and gentlemen of the press and gathered supporters, thank you for joining us this evening. It is my great pleasure to introduce to you the newly elected Minister of Magic for the United States of America, Dunena Reid!" applauding as he stepped aside to let Dunena take the microphone.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:00 am
Dunena looked at greta with a vailed shock as she advised him that he was one vote short of a clean sweep. she not only turned down his offer of a party and then turned down his job. as George approach and and began speaking to Greta and himself.
Dunena made a non committal mmm as George spoke of employing greta and then he went on to say that he would introduce him to the waiting crowed.
"You really would make a good press secretary but its up to you" Dunena reach in to his pocket were his hastily written speech was located.
Dunena did not want to say infront of all the reporters that he did not feel ready to take the stage and speak But Dunena was very good at coming up with things to say in a hurry. He did work better under pressure.
Dunena was quite surprised that George had not written his speech for him but aleast this way he would get to set his agenda and if he could do that here tonight with all these people listening it would be hard for George to set it for him.
Dunena looked around the room as he walked to ward the stairs to the stage and saw his father standing off to one side he nodded at Dunena in an approving way. that was the most Dunena ever got n the way of prise from his father as he had always been some what a disappointment to daddy.
But suddenly seeing his father made him wish that Emma his love beautiful Emma had made the trip over for to night so Dunena could have some one he trusted close to him but then there would be the guilt about 'the Woman' and his night of shame.
Dunena shock the thought from his head as he got ready to step up and become minster for magic.
There were people coming over to shake his hand and Dunena found he was shacking and saying Thank you alot as he stood there trying to get ready for the moment that would make his the most watch man in America .
Dunena just hope he did not stuff this up and really could be a force for change.
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
Born in The United States of America Squib - Child of Two Magical Parents born without the ability to do Magic
:+ : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
None
WWBN - New York
Male Posts : 38
Current Location : New York, USA
Job : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
Face Claim : Flying Lotus (Steven Ellison)
Famous Last Words : Producer of the #1 Rating Weird Weird World on WWBN!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 am
One good thing about being unable to vote was that Benjamin had gotten a good few hours to rest up and prepare for the night of horrors to come. Damn Meg, Damn Mom.. didn't either of them care that the Reid campaign party was the last thing he wanted to do tonight? So far he'd done his part at trying to give things another go with Meg by laying off the green and trying to mind his swearing around the kids.. it also had helped that Dunena Reid had gone on to become halfway respectable leading Benjamin alone to run his own show in the vacency of Dunena's Weird Weird World. While the ratings where nowhere near the level of last year at least he felt that it was technically better while he could count on his guests to be moderatly interesting in their own right. Sometimes he wondered if he wasn't old fashioned fool for sticking to Radio when he could have taken Cherry's offer to move to the WWBN television division but at least he felt at home in the studio unlike here, Benjamin felt like a fraud the moment he'd put on the suit Meg had picked out and helped the kids and his Mom into the taxi and over to the hotel where the Reid faithful was camped out waiting to see which way the polls would turn. Both his wife and mother wore 'Vote 1 Reid' pins but Benjamin had in a show of defiance skipped it for a Muggle one.. at least that was a election where he could vote!

At least the kids where having fun, had they not been here Benjamin would have peeled off to go find a nice cruzy hangout joint to waste away the evening so that he could forget he'd ever heard of Dunena Reid. Instead his name was everywhere on every lip and grinning down from posters. As the day wore on more people started to arrive, Benjamin's suit itched and he was forever checking his watch until a loud cheer broke out.. Benjamin's heart sunk, the only hope he'd had was that somehow Dunena Reid would lose and maybe return to WWBN and the good old days. "Fuck me dead.. " Benjamin said under his breath.. thankfully the kids where busy trying to get a look over the main crowd.. glancing around Benjamin noticed a semi-familiar face who was just as unlikely to find among the Reid supporters as himself. "Some show huh?" Benjamin asked the guy.. Marty.. that was his name... as he walked over, Meg be damned he wasn't about to get pulled into flag waving or clapping as that old creepy guy took the stage. Benjamin narrowed his eyes until he left the stage and the crowed went wild for Dunena Reid. Well the crowd minus one Benjamin Jefferson who just wished they'd hurry up and get the whole thing over with.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 am
Make that, "and the crowd went wild minus two" as Marty simply remained leaning against the wall arms crossed in front of him, observing. Or possibly three as it seemed at least one of the reporters in the front row, the one he recognized from the night of the rally, wasn't going wild either. "Definitely a show so far," Marty replied to the man who had come over and spoke to him. "Bjay, isn't it?" he asked, recognizing the man from the Rally, as well as the voice from the radio program that had replaced Reid's show. "Like your new show," he told him, honestly. Marty had taken to listening to WWBN thanks to one of the twins charming his radio for him. Helped him keep up with the wizarding world now. "Covering the events for your show?" he asked.
Dunena Reid
Dunena Reid
None

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 pm
Dunena was about to step up on the the stage. it was sudden thought that stop him.
My life as i know it is over
Dunena took the last step up on the the stage as the crowed of people cheered for him Dunena Reid the new minister of magic elect. The last thing he ever really wanted to be.
No more radio shows, no more drugs, and deffintanly no more one night stands with crazy women.
It was such a waste of a good time this upstanding man bit, but he promised he would be better than frump an so here he was about make a speech about change and really having no plan on how to do it by his count half the MOM was crept and in it for them selves which ment that he would have to work with them till he could find better replacements and he was not sure a 4 year term would be long enough to clean up this mess and that would me four more years.
Dunena smiled and waved at that toughs stop and bent down and shock the extended hands.
"Hi" Nice to see you" Thanks" dunena address each of them.
He step up next to George shock his hand and walked behide the podium.
"Thank you all so much. Wow who saw this come? ... Not me" Dunena gave a light laugh at the open statement.
"I see alot of fermiller faces here and a lot of new ones and that fantastic to see you all. so i guess you guys want a speech huh" Dunena stop for a moment and looked out at the happy faces he saw BJ and that Muggle he had arrested with 'The Woman". His eyes met greeta's again and all Dunena could think was why had he not asked Emma to be here at his side for this.
Of course Dunena knew why he was guilty, a durt bag that slept with that tha... well he could not even think about that now he had a show to put on.
Dunena took the small speech out of his pocket
"Thank you all for your support thro this campaign, I already said that but can not really say it enough,
I never thought to write this speech before tonight as I really did not expect to win this race.
I mean come on look at us we are the under dogs of this race!!
I will try to be the best minster this country has ever seen but that is not to say there will not be times that you will hate me and what I do. I mean theres a lot of stuff to clean up from out last administration.
but I hope that is because of my honesty and not for the dishonesty that has surround the ministry of recent years.
and thats why, I can tell you that I will be conducting a full clean out and audit of the ministry as soon as I take office
I know it a short speech but you didn't vote for me to talk but to act." Dunena finished his speech after working out some of it on the fly.
"So i will be starting the search for the new Ministry of magic staff to meet my high standards but i know that with your continued support we can Do it and make this the best Ministry that has ever been" Dunena used his best radio speech voice and relayed the crowed behind him.
"You are the power behide this leader and i hope you never leave me" Dunena stepped away from the podium as a jester of showing them they where a team.
"so lets get started" Dunena left the stage and walked out in to the crowed.
Benjamin Jefferson
Benjamin Jefferson
Born in The United States of America Squib - Child of Two Magical Parents born without the ability to do Magic
:+ : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
None
WWBN - New York
Male Posts : 38
Current Location : New York, USA
Job : Producer of Dunena's Weird Weird World
Face Claim : Flying Lotus (Steven Ellison)
Famous Last Words : Producer of the #1 Rating Weird Weird World on WWBN!

Sun May 19, 2013 4:22 am
"Yeah.." Benjamin said with a nod that he was Bjay... there was still some awkwardness about the fact that Benjamin had somehow ended up at the guy's apartment without actually knowing why. Every time he'd tried to think about that night it managed to just give him a migraine. "Thanks man.." he said trying to feel as enthusiastic about his show as other's wanted him to be. Benjamin couldn't help but feel that the fun times where truly over. He wished Cherry was here or that he could sneak out while everyone was distracted by the great and all conquering Dunena Reid but he had 'responsibilities' and a ex-wife who maybe he could work it out and repair the damage... for the kids sake.. always for the sake of the children. "Hell no" Benjamin replied to the Marty's question "My wife.. well.. ex-wife and the kids wanted to be here so here I am" he shrugged then took another sip of his drink as his eyes passed over 'ground zero'. History was being made in this room and while he knew all the things Dunena was promising where in a way good it was hard to trust in them when that creepy old dude was behind it all.

"Truth is I'm kinda like you, couldn't even vote for the guy even if I wanted to" finishing his drink he gave it to a waiter before taking out his phone... staring at it as he tried to remind himself that he had a good thing going here and as much as he wanted to sneak out while the coast was clear he was stuck here. The most he could manage was to text Cherry asking if she'd heard the news.. but of course the whole world would know by now. So why the hell was it the first thing that came to his mind? He had a good thing going with Meg and the kids yet as much as he wanted to be happy for it he wasn't satisfied. "I'm kind of like you man, only well it sucks double when your family are all magical and you're stuck watching from the sidelines yaknow?" Benjamin knew he shouldn't be talking like this, but Marty was the only dude Benjamin knew who would maybe understand. Meg never did and Cherry..well he was probably better off not thinking about her when Meg was right there in the crowd of people cheering and chanting for Minister Reid.

Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 am
Marty heard BJay's thanks but he also heard what wasn't there. The kind of enthusiasm that usually comes from a new project. He didn't ask about it thought, chalking it up to the possibility that perhaps the man was distracted by the election results and the fact his former boss/partner was the winner. He was more surprised by the ferocity of Benjamin's answer to his question about being there to cover the events for the show and then explained that his family had wanted to be there. "It's good you can get along with your ex and do things together like this," Marty complimented him. He'd seen plenty of tales in the Muggle news about fighting between exes rather than working together.

It seemed Benjamin was going to be full of surprises this evening as he confessed to Marty that he was not magical at all. "You couldn't?" he asked as Benjamin sent a quick text. As Benjamin went on to explain further, Marty realized the man was what he had seen referred to as a squib. Marty did know what Benjamin meant about having to watch from the sidelines and imagined it must be worse when your entire family were wizards and you weren't.

They both quieted as the new Minister of Magic took to the stage and gave his brief speech. From what Marty heard, it sounded like it would be good for the wizarding world if Dunena carried out what he spoke of. Only time would tell. When it finished, he asked Benjamin, "What do you think?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum